Register to reply

A good Robotics project for an Engineering Physics undergrad

Share this thread:
coolgvj
Dec23-13, 06:26 AM
P: 2
I've beeen searching over and over the internet to figure out what would be a good robotics project, but with a strong relation with physics. Please dont argue that everything in the universe is physics, i agree absolutely, but my colleagues in Engineering Physics are doing projects related to nanotech, quantum mech, photonics and all those super-named areas you usually come across.
But since I want to pursue robotics, I want my project to be basically in robo, while satisfying my physics profs as well, :/

If any of you have some good ideas, please help me.. For a start, these were some of the areas i considered : Electroactive polymers for artificial muscles, sensors based on fiber optics, haptics using electromagnetic levitation.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Printing the metals of the future
New gadget helps the vision-impaired to read graphs
3D printing helps designers build a better brick
timthereaper
Dec23-13, 10:48 AM
P: 343
What do you have experience doing already in robotics and what do your physics profs require?
jdavidhale
Dec30-13, 03:32 PM
P: 2
Hello, if you can find a College First Robotics program in your area, you may be able to participate with the help of your local faculty: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc

tyjae
Jan7-14, 07:52 AM
P: 29
A good Robotics project for an Engineering Physics undergrad

Quote Quote by coolgvj View Post
I've beeen searching over and over the internet to figure out what would be a good robotics project, but with a strong relation with physics. Please dont argue that everything in the universe is physics, i agree absolutely, but my colleagues in Engineering Physics are doing projects related to nanotech, quantum mech, photonics and all those super-named areas you usually come across.
But since I want to pursue robotics, I want my project to be basically in robo, while satisfying my physics profs as well, :/

If any of you have some good ideas, please help me.. For a start, these were some of the areas i considered : Electroactive polymers for artificial muscles, sensors based on fiber optics, haptics using electromagnetic levitation.
http://aggregate.org/southeastcon2014/

Try IEEE competitions.

We finished 15th out of 53 schools.

Register to reply