Register to reply

Servo Motor Help

by pyroknife
Tags: motor, servo
Share this thread:
pyroknife
Jan10-14, 12:32 PM
P: 398
I bought a Savox servo motor (http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2272...avsb2272mg.htm)

I'm planning on using the motor to generate a pitching motion sinusoidally from 0 to 60 degrees back to 0 and so on....

Do you guys think this motor is precise enough to generate the sinsusoidal motion?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic
Mech_Engineer
Jan11-14, 08:31 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,242
Nothing about that servo prevents it from creating a sinusoidal motion. When you say precision what precision are you looking for? What do you plan to control it with?
pyroknife
Jan13-14, 09:56 AM
P: 398
I will be controlling it with an Arduino. On a previous motor I used (which was more expensive than this one), I used a high speed camera to videotape the motion and noticed that it was not smooth and didn't look very sinusoidal like. So by precision, I mean the motion is smooth and mimics the code very closely.

Also, does anyone know where 0 degrees is on a servo?

Mech_Engineer
Jan15-14, 09:40 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,242
Servo Motor Help

What was the refresh rate for the controller and how fast were you driving the motor? It could be you were driving the servo beyond the capabilities of the hardware you were using...

Register to reply