How to find quadratic function

In summary, a quadratic function is a polynomial function of degree 2 with an x^2 term. The vertex can be found using the formula x = -b/2a, and the quadratic formula can be used to solve quadratic equations. To find the roots of a quadratic function, plug the values of a, b, and c into the quadratic formula. A quadratic function can have at most two solutions since its degree is 2.
Crazyhorse2882
I'm looking for the function y=ax^2+c with the given points (-3,89) (2,39). Thanks

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Forget it. I figured it out. Having brain bubbles today :-)

1. What is a quadratic function?

A quadratic function is a polynomial function of degree 2, meaning it has an x^2 term. It can be written in the form f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c, where a, b, and c are constants.

2. How do I find the vertex of a quadratic function?

The vertex of a quadratic function is the point on the graph where the function reaches its maximum or minimum value. To find the vertex, use the formula x = -b/2a. Plug this x-value into the function to find the corresponding y-value.

3. What is the quadratic formula?

The quadratic formula is a mathematical formula used to solve quadratic equations, which are equations with a degree of 2. It is written as x = (-b ± √(b^2 - 4ac)) / 2a.

4. How do I use the quadratic formula to find the roots of a quadratic function?

To use the quadratic formula to find the roots (or solutions) of a quadratic function, plug the values of a, b, and c into the formula. The solutions will be the x-values where the function crosses the x-axis.

5. Can a quadratic function have more than two solutions?

No, a quadratic function can have at most two solutions. This is because the degree of a quadratic function is 2, so it can only cross the x-axis at most two times.