Register to reply

Low Voltage Power Inverter

by tommycaiden
Tags: inverter, power, voltage
Share this thread:
tommycaiden
Feb21-14, 05:02 PM
P: 2
Hey guys, I need to make a power inverter that will take in .1-.3 volts, and the output needs to be as high as possible.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Student develops filter for clean water around the world
Developing the next evolution in underwater communication
Compact vibration harvester power supply with highest efficiency opens door to "fix-and-forget" sensor nodes
NascentOxygen
Feb21-14, 06:40 PM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,137
Quote Quote by tommycaiden View Post
and the output needs to be as high as possible.
Is that the output voltage or current you'd like to allow be as high as possible? If output voltage, what do you consider acceptably high, and at how many milliamps? What is the application you have in mind?

You really do need to be less vague in framing requests for advice here, to encourage those who may be able to help you. You'll discover that mind-reading is not everyone's specialty.
meBigGuy
Feb21-14, 10:10 PM
P: 1,072
best I know of the the joule thief (search for it). Not sure how low it actually goes though.

Mike_In_Plano
Feb28-14, 11:08 PM
P: 560
Low Voltage Power Inverter

If you're converting any significant amount of power, you'll have a lot of current. MOSFETs designed for synchornous rectification and a highly specialized transformer with a copper strap primary are probably the best bet.
I don't think there's anything like that off the shelf.
Some converters, like the NCP1400 series, will operate down to .3 volts if you raise their output to a couple of volts first.

Register to reply