Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

by capterdi
Tags: continue, reference, work
capterdi
Feb26-14, 11:21 AM
P: 46
I have gathered experimental data regarding this heat transfer problem. Unfortunately right now there is no simple way to measure discharge water temperature.

On the theoretical approach developed on post # 10 of abovementioned thread, a water temperature increase of 50 C was considered.

Please help me with the same numerical development, but now for a 25 C water temperature increase.
Question: In this case, for the same steel considerations, the water flow is going to be twice as the one for 50 C, which was 4.6 liters/sec? If not, what is going to be the amount of water flow?

Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
New ultrasound device may add in detecting risk for heart attack, stroke
Enhanced ground control system and software for small unmanned aircraft
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
SteamKing
Feb26-14, 08:36 PM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,601
Sorry, the thread number in the post doesn't link to anything related to heat transfer.

Please repost a valid link to your thread.
berkeman
Feb26-14, 10:15 PM
Mentor
P: 39,722
Here is the thread: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=304738

It's from 2009, so that's why it was closed (old threads are generally locked after a few years). I can merge this new thread back into the old one and unlock it all if folks think that's a better way to handle the new information.

capterdi
Feb27-14, 09:27 AM
P: 46

Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

Thank you, berkeman.

Indeed, its an old thread. Unfortunately in 2009 I had to deal with many other issues at work, and had to put the problem aside. But right now Im involved again with the heat transfer problem, so I am asking for more help on the theoretical side.

Register to reply