Register to reply

Our speed

by nycoh
Tags: speed
Share this thread:
nycoh
Mar22-14, 02:53 AM
P: 1
Hi! first of all i want to apologize if i have any grammar mistake (english is not my native language).
I really dont understand much physics or astronomy since im a computer engineer student, but i was wondering if time is related to speed and we add the speed of the earth around the sun and the speed of the solar system around the galaxy and even the speed of galaxy this should make time run a lot slower? And what would happen to something that is stranded in space his time should run a lot faster than ours?
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Planets with oddball orbits like Mercury could host life
Hubble paints a spattering of blue in irregular galaxy IC 559
The entropy of black holes
SteamKing
Mar22-14, 05:23 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,722
None of these speeds slows time in any noticeable manner. You must be moving at a pretty large fraction of light speed before any significant slowing of time takes place.

However, if you are stuck in a boring lecture, time crawls by almost imperceptibly.

Register to reply