TMR for pain management. Anyone use?

by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: management, pain
Share this thread:
Greg Bernhardt
Mar24-14, 05:33 PM
Admin
P: 9,491
My wife has had a bad hamstring for soccer for over nearly a year. She even took a few months off with no help. Anyway, one of her soccer teammates is a nurse who works at a pain management center. She recommended my wife come in and try this TMR treatment. Apparently it just electrocutes your muscles into recovery lol. Anyway, the nurse friend claims she's helped over 3000 athletes. She's pretty nice and good friends, so no reason to doubt her.

Just curious if anyone has had it or knows anything about it.

I think this is the product
http://scientificimaginetics.com/patients.php
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
American Ebola doc: 'I am thrilled to be alive'
Instant noodles carry health risks for women: study
Extracorporeal support can significantly increase number of organs for transplant
berkeman
Mar24-14, 05:51 PM
Mentor
P: 40,948
Is that the same things as TENS devices? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcu...ve_stimulation

If so, I have several friends who have gotten relief from pain of various kinds using TENS devices. I also have a friend who is a physical trainer, and she routinely uses TENS on her patients. The prices on the devices have come down a lot over the past few years.
Greg Bernhardt
Mar24-14, 11:08 PM
Admin
Looks similar. She has a treatment tomorrow. We'll find out how good it is! Thanks for the feedback.

Monique
Mar26-14, 02:33 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
TMR for pain management. Anyone use?

Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
My wife has had a bad hamstring for soccer for over nearly a year. She even took a few months off with no help. Anyway, one of her soccer teammates is a nurse who works at a pain management center. She recommended my wife come in and try this TMR treatment. Apparently it just electrocutes your muscles into recovery lol. Anyway, the nurse friend claims she's helped over 3000 athletes. She's pretty nice and good friends, so no reason to doubt her.

Just curious if anyone has had it or knows anything about it.

I think this is the product
http://scientificimaginetics.com/patients.php
Hi Greg, you can also check the literature. I've made a special selection: Pubmed, high impact journals
berkeman
Apr1-14, 03:43 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
Looks similar. She has a treatment tomorrow. We'll find out how good it is! Thanks for the feedback.
How did the treatment go?
Greg Bernhardt
Apr1-14, 03:58 PM
Admin
Quote Quote by berkeman View Post
How did the treatment go?
5 treatments in and it's marginal progress at best. Time to see a sports doctor.
berkeman
Apr1-14, 05:04 PM
Mentor
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, a sports doc is the right way to go. I know a good one in NorCal, but that's of no help to you...

Register to reply