Register to reply

How do I get started with Internet of Things programming?

by Deathfish
Tags: internet, programming, started, things
Share this thread:
Deathfish
Apr9-14, 09:54 AM
P: 86
I'm looking for a good microcontroller which is compatible with Internet of Things and relatively easy to program. Preferably has development resources for IoT readily available. Someone recommend me a suitable product? I am looking to start tinkering with IoT
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
ViperSRT3g
Apr9-14, 10:44 AM
P: 42
I would recommend the Arduino microcontrollers (Arduino Micro if you want a smaller version) and the Raspberry Pi. They're both great for simple projects and won't break your wallet. Each one has various ethernet, wi-fi, and bluetooth hardware that you can add for connecting together.
berkeman
Apr9-14, 10:49 AM
Mentor
P: 41,353
Second the Raspberry Pi and add in the Beagle Bone...

Register to reply