Register to reply

How do I get started with Internet of Things programming?

by Deathfish
Tags: internet, programming, started, things
Share this thread:
Deathfish
Apr9-14, 09:54 AM
P: 86
I'm looking for a good microcontroller which is compatible with Internet of Things and relatively easy to program. Preferably has development resources for IoT readily available. Someone recommend me a suitable product? I am looking to start tinkering with IoT
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
ViperSRT3g
Apr9-14, 10:44 AM
P: 42
I would recommend the Arduino microcontrollers (Arduino Micro if you want a smaller version) and the Raspberry Pi. They're both great for simple projects and won't break your wallet. Each one has various ethernet, wi-fi, and bluetooth hardware that you can add for connecting together.
berkeman
Apr9-14, 10:49 AM
Mentor
P: 40,926
Second the Raspberry Pi and add in the Beagle Bone...

Register to reply