Intravenous Simulation: Model Human Hand Venous Pressure

• Thread starter bme_osama
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simulation
In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to create a model of a human hand with a vein that mimics the pressure of a real vein (10 to 30 mmHg) for use with an IV infusion pump design. They are considering using a fluid pump and elastic tubing but are unsure of the best type of pump to use and if there are any other better ideas for creating the model.
bme_osama
Hello,

I need to make a simple model of human hand with a vein that has the same pressure of a real vein 10 to 30 mmHg ,basically I want to use it with my iv infusion pump design ,please could you tell me what is the best way to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
:(
can anyone suggest

bme_osama said:
Hello,

I need to make a simple model of human hand with a vein that has the same pressure of a real vein 10 to 30 mmHg ,basically I want to use it with my iv infusion pump design ,please could you tell me what is the best way to do that?

bme_osama said:
:(
can anyone suggest

What has your reading and research found so far?

I can think of several things that I would want to include in such a model. What things are you thinking of including so far?

Likes 1 person
i am thinking of creating a pressure by circulating a fluid in a closed loop tubing using a fluid pump ,but I am not sure what type of pump should I use ,also I want a tubing that is elastic enough so that a needle can be inserted to it ! ,is there any better idea ?

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Intravenous (IV) simulation is a valuable tool for understanding the dynamics of IV therapy and developing new medical devices, such as infusion pumps. To create a model of a human hand with a vein that has the same pressure as a real vein, there are a few options you could consider.

One option is to use a commercially available IV simulation kit, which typically includes a hand model with tubing and fluid to simulate the flow of IV therapy. These kits often have adjustable pressure settings, so you can set it to the desired range of 10 to 30 mmHg. However, these kits may be limited in their ability to accurately represent the complexity and variability of real human veins.

Another option is to create your own model using materials such as silicone or latex to simulate the elasticity and texture of human skin, and tubing to represent the vein. You could then use a pressure gauge to measure and adjust the pressure to match that of a real vein. This approach may require some trial and error to achieve the desired pressure range, but it allows for more customization and control over the model.

Whichever method you choose, it is important to validate the accuracy of your model by comparing it to real human veins and adjusting as needed. Additionally, consider consulting with a medical professional or conducting further research on the pressure range of human veins to ensure your model is as accurate as possible.

I hope this helps guide you in creating your IV simulation model. Best of luck with your IV infusion pump design!

1. What is Intravenous Simulation?

Intravenous simulation is a technique used in medical training and research to mimic the process of administering medication or fluids into a patient's veins through a catheter. This simulation involves creating a model human hand with a vein system that can be pressurized to simulate different venous pressures.

2. How is a Model Human Hand Venous Pressure created?

A model human hand venous pressure is created by constructing a hand-shaped model using materials such as silicone or latex. The model is then fitted with a network of artificial veins, typically made of plastic tubing, that can be filled with fluid and pressurized to simulate different venous pressures.

3. What is the purpose of using Intravenous Simulation for venous pressure?

The purpose of using intravenous simulation for venous pressure is to provide a realistic training and research environment for medical professionals. It allows for practice in administering IV medications and fluids, as well as understanding the effects of different venous pressures on the body.

4. How accurate is Intravenous Simulation in representing real-life scenarios?

While intravenous simulation cannot completely replicate real-life scenarios, it is a valuable tool in medical training and research. The model human hand venous pressure can be adjusted to simulate different venous pressures and can provide a realistic experience for trainees. However, it is important to note that there may be variations in venous pressure depending on the individual patient.

5. What are the benefits of using Intravenous Simulation for venous pressure?

There are several benefits of using intravenous simulation for venous pressure, including providing a safe and controlled environment for medical training, allowing for repeated practice, and reducing the risk of complications in real patients. It also allows for a better understanding of venous pressure and its effects on the body, which can aid in clinical decision making.