ZapperZ
May15-05, 07:14 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Quote Quote by Moonbear
There ya go, make sure Zz stays simple!
... and just to prove how "simple" I still am (as if that needs proving), here are two pictures of me on one of my most favorite rides at Magic Kindom - the DUMBO ride!

The first picture is from my vintage point waiting in line (with a whole lots of kids) to get onto the ride. Keep in mind that the double seats on this ride are made for two adults!

The second picture is when I'm on the Dumbo ride, having tons of fun!

[Evo, you can tell me to stop if this thread is getting old...]

Zz.
Evo
May15-05, 07:58 AM
Mentor
P: 26,431
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
... and just to prove how "simple" I still am (as if that needs proving), here are two pictures of me on one of my most favorite rides at Magic Kindom - the DUMBO ride!

The first picture is from my vintage point waiting in line (with a whole lots of kids) to get onto the ride. Keep in mind that the double seats on this ride are made for two adults!

[Evo, you can tell me to stop if this thread is getting old...]

Zz.
The Dumbo ride looks like it's about my speed. I'm enjoying this. No pictures of you, huh? (Ok, now we'll get pictures of Zz (a disembodied hand pointing to an attraction, sneakered feet standing in line, his back (at a distance of 50').

The picture you posted yesterday was very nice.
ZapperZ
May15-05, 12:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo
The Dumbo ride looks like it's about my speed. I'm enjoying this. No pictures of you, huh? (Ok, now we'll get pictures of Zz (a disembodied hand pointing to an attraction, sneakered feet standing in line, his back (at a distance of 50').
I may try to "disembody" myself in the pictures, but it will have to be after I get back from the PAC05 conference this week (I'm at O'Hare right now). I can't show you my face because I'm very ugly and everyone that views my picture will turn into a pillar of salt.

As much as I'm looking forward to this conference, I am just giddy and way too excited for my Disney World trip coming up in 2 weeks! (Can't you just tell how skewed my priorities are?)

Zz.
Moonbear
May15-05, 12:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
See, now I REALLY have to go with you to Disney! I haven't been on the Dumbo ride since I was a kid. Can't get anyone to go with me, and I don't like standing on lines alone.

When I was at Universal, they had a really fun looking ride based on Jurassic Park that I wanted to go on, but you had to have one child and one adult, and they wouldn't let any adults on without children and vice versa. I probably looked like a pedophile standing around the entrance to the ride for a while watching for any spare kids who wanted to go on the ride (you know, hoping for a family to walk up with three children and only two parents). It's just not fair!!! I wanted to go on the ride, but didn't have any kids with me!
Moonbear
May15-05, 12:19 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
As much as I'm looking forward to this conference, I am just giddy and way too excited for my Disney World trip coming up in 2 weeks! (Can't you just tell how skewed my priorities are?)
Nope, your priorities sound just about right.
ZapperZ
May15-05, 12:25 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Moonbear
See, now I REALLY have to go with you to Disney! I haven't been on the Dumbo ride since I was a kid. Can't get anyone to go with me, and I don't like standing on lines alone.
Moonbie, I will DEFINITELY go on the Dumbo ride with you. Hell, I've gone on it all by myself. I bet will be a lot of fun riding it with you. I usually have my spinning pinwheel with me when I get on it and it is fun to just watch it spin around in the wind while riding it. [See? I told you I'm just like a kid here]

When I was at Universal, they had a really fun looking ride based on Jurassic Park that I wanted to go on, but you had to have one child and one adult, and they wouldn't let any adults on without children and vice versa. I probably looked like a pedophile standing around the entrance to the ride for a while watching for any spare kids who wanted to go on the ride (you know, hoping for a family to walk up with three children and only two parents). It's just not fair!!! I wanted to go on the ride, but didn't have any kids with me!
I know exactly which ride you're referring to. It's that flying teradactyle <sp> that you ride around as if you're flying through the forrest, no? I wanted to go on that too and could not for the same reason as yours! You'll never find that kind of a ride at Disney, I tell ya.

Zz.
Evo
May15-05, 12:37 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
I may try to "disembody" myself in the pictures, but it will have to be after I get back from the PAC05 conference this week (I'm at O'Hare right now). I can't show you my face because I'm very ugly and everyone that views my picture will turn into a pillar of salt.
I somehow doubt that. They wouldn't let you into Disney World.

Zz.
Will you be checking in from the conference?
Evo
May15-05, 12:45 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
Moonbie, I will DEFINITELY go on the Dumbo ride with you. Zz.
Fine, I'll just go on the ride all by myself, I don't need you or Moonbear to take me.
Danger
May15-05, 03:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
So what's with the nipples all around the attachment collars?

Quote Quote by Moonbear
I wanted to go on the ride, but didn't have any kids with me!
Hmmmm....new patent coming up: inflatable kids...

Quote Quote by Evo
Fine, I'll just go on the ride all by myself, I don't need you or Moonbear to take me.
That's pretty high off the ground for someone as acrophobic as I am, but I'll go with you if you promise to hold me really tight.
Moonbear
May15-05, 03:46 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
I know exactly which ride you're referring to. It's that flying teradactyle <sp> that you ride around as if you're flying through the forrest, no? I wanted to go on that too and could not for the same reason as yours! You'll never find that kind of a ride at Disney, I tell ya.
Yep, I think that was it. Something with wings on it anyway. For once in my life, I wanted to be shorter than the "you must be this high" stick!
Evo
May15-05, 05:04 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Danger
That's pretty high off the ground for someone as acrophobic as I am, but I'll go with you if you promise to hold me really tight.
Aw, thanks Danger <sniff>.
Danger
May15-05, 06:42 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Quote Quote by Evo
Aw, thanks Danger <sniff>.
Anything for you. (Although I suspect that I would be reaping the major advantage of that arrangement.)
ZapperZ
May15-05, 07:39 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo
Evo, I'll go on it with you next, how's that? And we'll ride the magic carpet out by Fantasy Land. And I'll even buy you a turkey leg!

And yes, I'll be checking in now and then from the conference.

Zz.
Evo
May15-05, 08:31 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
Evo, I'll go on it with you next, how's that? And we'll ride the magic carpet out by Fantasy Land. And I'll even buy you a turkey leg!

And yes, I'll be checking in now and then from the conference.

Zz.
Good!!
ZapperZ
May17-05, 07:22 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I'm here, in the middle of the Knoxville Convention Center, at a very serious Particle Accelerator Conference, with distinguished physicists from all over the world. And I'm walking around wearing a Mickey Mouse/Walt Disney World t-shirt!

I bumped into my boss on the way in. He looked at me and shook his head, and continued walking (and yes, he is well aware of my Disney "disease"). Luckily, I have no meetings to attend today, only several scientific program sessions that I wish to listen to.

There must be a 12-step program for people like me......

Zz.
Astronuc
May17-05, 07:35 AM
Admin
P: 21,810
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
I'm here, in the middle of the Knoxville Convention Center, at a very serious Particle Accelerator Conference, with distinguished physicists from all over the world. And I'm walking around wearing a Mickey Mouse/Walt Disney World t-shirt!
What!? No MM ears to match!?

Quote Quote by ZapperZ
Why would you even contemplate that?

You should get on the conference steering committee and get a PA conference in Orlando.
Evo
May17-05, 07:43 AM
Mentor
Quote Quote by ZapperZ
Heheh, they're probably all envious.

I bumped into my boss on the way in. He looked at me and shook his head, and continued walking (and yes, he is well aware of my Disney "disease"). Luckily, I have no meetings to attend today, only several scientific program sessions that I wish to listen to.

Zz.
It's a "good" addiction.

Are you having a good time?
Moonbear
May17-05, 01:09 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Astronuc
You should get on the conference steering committee and get a PA conference in Orlando.
See, there you go! Us neuroscientists have brains (bad pun intended)...we have our conferences at rotating locations, and one of them is now Orlando (I think that's replacing Miami on the rotation). So, yes, there's a picture on the lab fridge of me and a former post-doc standing inside the Disney entrance.

Register to reply