Working out Motor power?

In summary, the conversation is about finding the work done by a motor and converting it into volts. The motor needs to lift a load of 117N to a height of 1.3m in 60 minutes at a constant speed. The formula P=W/T is used to find the power, but it is incorrect. The correct formula is W=F.d. However, there is confusion about the units used for time (m/s or seconds) and the definition of power. Assistance is requested to clarify and solve the problem.
PC22
I am working on a timelaps project so I need my motor to move very slowley, the motor I am using has a max voltage of 24V and a stall current of 1 Amp

The motor I want to use is on this link:
http://www.dynamicperception.com/EZ-Swap-DC-Motor-p/dp-dcm.htm

This motor will need to lift vertically 117N (12kg) of load to a height of1.3m (1300mm) in 60 mins (3600s) at a constant speed.

I need to find out the work done by the motor and convert it into Volts?

so far I have:

P=W/T

W=117N

T=0.36m/s

So: P=117/0.36 =325W I then times this by the time (3600s) to get the work done 1170000J

Is this correct ?
Can some out tell me how many volts this is ?

Any help would really be appreciated

Engineering news on Phys.org
PC22 said:
This motor will need to lift vertically 117N (12kg) of load to a height of1.3m (1300mm) in 60 mins (3600s) at a constant speed.

I need to find out the work done by the motor and convert it into Volts?

so far I have:

P=W/T

W=117N

T=0.36m/s

So: P=117/0.36 =325W I then times this by the time (3600s) to get the work done 1170000J

Is this correct ?
That's incorrect.The work done can be found by W=F.d

Why did you write T as m/s?Isn't that the time taken(s)?or is it the constant speed given in the question?
And the W is not the force.Power =Work/time taken.

Care to help me work this out, please?

1. What is motor power and why is it important in working out?

Motor power is the ability of a motor or muscle to generate force to perform a specific movement. It is an important factor in working out because it determines the efficiency and effectiveness of your movements and exercises.

2. How do you calculate motor power?

Motor power can be calculated by multiplying the torque (force applied) of the motor or muscle by its rotational speed (angular velocity). The formula for motor power is P = T x ω, where P is power, T is torque, and ω is rotational speed.

3. Is motor power the same as horsepower?

No, motor power and horsepower are two different units of measurement. Horsepower is a unit of measurement for the rate of work being done, while motor power is a measure of the actual force being generated by a motor or muscle.

4. How does motor power affect my workouts?

The higher your motor power, the more force you can generate during your workouts. This can lead to increased strength, endurance, and overall performance. However, it is important to also have proper technique and form to avoid injury.

5. Can motor power be improved through training?

Yes, motor power can be improved through specific training and exercises that target the muscles used for a particular movement. By gradually increasing the load and intensity of your workouts, you can improve your motor power and overall strength.