Register to reply

Am I going blind?

by HMPARTICLE
Tags: blind
Share this thread:
HMPARTICLE
May24-14, 04:28 PM
P: 26
My eye prescription is gradually increasing, two years are I was 3.5 in both eyes now I am a 4? Will this eventually converge so that I remain at a constant prescription?
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Tax forms could pose challenge for HealthCare.gov
Sudden death predictor identifies ICD candidates in new ESC Guidelines
The early cost of HIV: Inflammatory response breaks down intestinal lining, but help may come from friendly bacteria
HallsofIvy
May24-14, 04:33 PM
Math
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 39,553
What??? "Eye prescription"? What does "3.5"or "4" measure? And the really important question- what does this have to do with "topology and analysis"?
HMPARTICLE
May24-14, 04:43 PM
I am really sorry I decided to use the app for this post, I shall try and rectify the issue. (It was intended for general discussion.)
The unit measurement is diopter. As I am nearsighted the reading is -4 in both eyes.

Greg Bernhardt
May24-14, 04:56 PM
Admin
P: 9,562
Am I going blind?

Have you brought this up with your ophthalmologist?
HMPARTICLE
May24-14, 04:59 PM
If I must be quite honest, at the time I didn't think of the bigger picture. I shall book an appointment tomorrow!
Greg Bernhardt
May24-14, 05:02 PM
Admin
P: 9,562
Quote Quote by HMPARTICLE View Post
If I must be quite honest, at the time I didn't think of the bigger picture. I shall book an appointment tomorrow!
Good idea! Keep us updated
jtbell
May24-14, 07:09 PM
Mentor
P: 11,780
How old are you? I'm very nearsighted myself. As I recall, my prescription gradually became stronger while I was still growing, then stabilized around age 20. This was many years ago, so I don't remember the exact timeline. But definitely consult your ophthalmologist to find out whether your situation is normal or whether something else is going on.

Register to reply