Register to reply

Sacrificial anode placement

by jddj
Tags: anode, placement, sacrificial
Share this thread:
jddj
Jun13-14, 01:50 AM
P: 6
I have been searching the internet and this forum for information on where to place anodes or how far away they should be spaced but have not had much luck. I am trying to design a sacrificial anode system for the inside of a tank. Does any one have any info to help or send me in the right direction.

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
ESA investigates an alternative, environmental-friendly method of corrosion resistance
The oscillator that could makeover the mechanical watch
Engineers study bats to improve aviation travel
Astronuc
Jun13-14, 07:56 AM
Admin
P: 21,915
Quote Quote by jddj View Post
I have been searching the internet and this forum for information on where to place anodes or how far away they should be spaced but have not had much luck. I am trying to design a sacrificial anode system for the inside of a tank. Does any one have any info to help or send me in the right direction.

Thanks
What fluid or gas is contained in the tank? At what temperature will the contents of the tank be held, or what temperature range will be used? Of what metal or alloy is the tank composed?
jddj
Jun13-14, 11:01 AM
P: 6
The tanks will be holding drilling mud near ambient temperature and they are made of A36 steel, what I am really looking for is somewhere I can find info on how far anodes need to be spaced out and what factors affect spacing,

Thanks for the help

Register to reply