Register to reply

Plus sign in triangle usage (or minus, times)

by scop
Tags: minus, sign, times, triangle, usage
Share this thread:
scop
Jun22-14, 10:29 AM
P: 1
Can anyone refer me to a paper where the "plus sign in triangle", "minus sign in triangle", and/or "multiplication sign in triangle" are used? I'm reading a paper from the 80's where these symbols act on an image ("internal law" and "external law"); however, I'd like to see the symbols applied elsewhere. A textbook resource is fine as well. Thank you!
Phys.Org News Partner Mathematics news on Phys.org
Math journal puts Rauzy fractcal image on the cover
Heat distributions help researchers to understand curved space
Professor quantifies how 'one thing leads to another'
SteamKing
Jun22-14, 02:25 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,725
Quote Quote by scop View Post
Can anyone refer me to a paper where the "plus sign in triangle", "minus sign in triangle", and/or "multiplication sign in triangle" are used? I'm reading a paper from the 80's where these symbols act on an image ("internal law" and "external law"); however, I'd like to see the symbols applied elsewhere. A textbook resource is fine as well. Thank you!
It's difficult to decipher what these symbols mean. Can you provide a reference or a link to the paper in which you found them? Sometimes, authors create special symbols to express concepts which have otherwise not been explored.

Register to reply