Register to reply

Carbon steel fatigue and temperature properties

Share this thread:
Qluq
Jul7-14, 07:42 AM
P: 14
Hi everyone,

I need some specific mechanical properties of A516 carbon steel, but as yet I am unable to find it online. Can you help me find the fatigue limit and the relation between yield strength and temperature? Are there tabulated values for this?

Thanks!
Mark

edit: found it! seems i need the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code part 2: materials section D: properties...
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
On the way to a safe and secure smart home
Greg Bernhardt
Jul10-14, 04:33 PM
Admin
P: 9,575
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?
Qluq
Jul11-14, 10:56 AM
P: 14
Thanks Greg,

no worries! i found where i can find the data i need and had already put it in the edit of the opening post. that's probably why nobody has reacted.

Astronuc
Jul13-14, 11:41 PM
Admin
P: 21,887
Carbon steel fatigue and temperature properties

One pretty much has to buy the appropriate ASME BPV section/case for a code/case material.

ASM has some books, including one on Carbon steels, but they are fairly general. If one is using a case, then buy the appropriate documentation.

Register to reply