Register to reply

Data on the Velocity of the Celestial Bodies Orbiting a Galaxy

by ecastro
Tags: dark matter
Share this thread:
ecastro
Jul14-14, 06:22 AM
P: 16
I am currently researching about the behavior of dark matter and their possible characteristics, and I am needing the individual velocities of the bodies orbiting a center of a galaxy. The collection of data where physicists hypothesized the existence of Dark Matter. Where can I find these data? If ever possible.

Thank you in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Magnetar discovered close to supernova remnant Kesteven 79
Image: Hubble looks at light and dark in the universe
Mixing in star-forming clouds explains why sibling stars look alike
mfb
Jul14-14, 05:08 PM
Mentor
P: 11,928
Quote Quote by ecastro View Post
I am currently researching about the behavior of dark matter and their possible characteristics, and I am needing the individual velocities of the bodies orbiting a center of a galaxy. The collection of data where physicists hypothesized the existence of Dark Matter. Where can I find these data? If ever possible.
In scientific publications. The references in this wikipedia article should be a good starting point.
ecastro
Jul18-14, 10:03 PM
P: 16
Thanks a lot! I think I found what I need.

enorbet
Jul21-14, 05:40 PM
P: 167
Data on the Velocity of the Celestial Bodies Orbiting a Galaxy

Be sure to click on that link in the wiki for Vera Rubin. She seems an amazing researcher and receives far too little credit for the storm she caused.

Register to reply