What is embedded computing system

In summary: Embedded software and embedded program are different. Embedded software is a collection of code and data that is used to perform a specific task. Embedded program is a sequence of instructions that is written to perform a specific task. Embedded program can be written in a language like C or assembly. Source code may be converted into binary code by a compiler. Threads are locked when an embedded program is executed.
vead
I don't understand what is meaning of embedded computing system design
embedded system is combination of hardware and software that perform some specific task
does embedded system and embedded computing system is different things ?
Q what is embedded system design process ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
hi vead

did you bother to google your question ?

I got 100's of hits when I did, go have a look for yourself :smile:

Dave

I just want to confirm both embedded system and embedded computing system are same are different

and did you do some research to see if they were ?
what did you find ?

Vead,
as you have been told several times on the other forum, you really need to start learning to do research on your own.
If you find something in your research you don't understand THEN ask a relevant question and post the link to that information so we all can see what you don't understand

We are not here to spoon feed you the answers, OK :smile:

When I was at university, google etc didn't exist. I used to spend hours and hours in the science library doing research on topics I wanted to learn about for my studies.

These day's all you need to do is type a few words into google, it really is quite easy :smile:

regards
Dave

davenn said:
and did you do some research to see if they were ?
what did you find ?

Vead,
as you have been told several times on the other forum, you really need to start learning to do research on your own.
If you find something in your research you don't understand THEN ask a relevant question and post the link to that information so we all can see what you don't understand

We are not here to spoon feed you the answers, OK :smile:

When I was at university, google etc didn't exist. I used to spend hours and hours in the science library doing research on topics I wanted to learn about for my studies.

These day's all you need to do is type a few words into google, it really is quite easy :smile:

regards
Dave
sorry but I am not asking whole question what is embedded system I think both are same but I want to confirm that I am correct

I have another doubt
both embedded software and embedded program are different
I think both are different
software - we need to develop embedded program
embedded program - sequence of instruction written to perform specific task
embedded program written in language like c assembly
program has executable form
source code may be converted into binary code by compiler

Last edited:
Thread locked. Feel free to start a new thread after you googled this question and tell us what you found.

What is an embedded computing system?

An embedded computing system is a specialized computer system designed for a specific purpose or application within a larger system. It is typically embedded within a device or machine and is responsible for controlling and monitoring its functions.

How is an embedded computing system different from a traditional computer?

An embedded computing system is different from a traditional computer in that it is designed for a specific purpose and is often integrated into a larger system. It is typically smaller, more efficient, and has limited resources compared to a traditional computer.

What are some examples of embedded computing systems?

Some examples of embedded computing systems include smartphones, smart home devices, medical equipment, industrial machinery, and automotive systems. These systems often have specialized hardware and software designed for their specific function.

What are the key components of an embedded computing system?

The key components of an embedded computing system include a microprocessor, memory, input/output interfaces, and specialized software. These components work together to control and monitor the functions of the device or machine it is embedded within.

What are the advantages of using embedded computing systems?

Some advantages of using embedded computing systems include their compact size, low power consumption, and specialized design for specific applications. They can also be more cost-effective and reliable compared to traditional computers, especially for tasks that require real-time processing and control.