Register to reply

How does superheating affect solubility?

by ejnovek
Tags: affect, solubility, superheating
Share this thread:
ejnovek
Aug2-14, 09:44 AM
P: 3
During my summer chemistry course yesterday, I asked my teacher this question and she said she didn't know.
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Science to the rescue of art
Conjecture on the lateral growth of Type I collagen fibrils
A dye with tunable optical characteristics
Lok
Aug6-14, 11:56 AM
P: 463
Super-heating does not have a dramatic effect on solubility, as you could remember that boiling point are not fixed. Water boils at 100 C at 1 atm yet it easily goes to 120 in a household pressure cooker, and while doing so it is better at dissolving stuff although the added pressure goes against the effect.

For super-heating at normal pressures... this is not an easy experiment as the dissolving matter will be a nucleation center for solvent boiling and super-heating will be hard to achieve.

Btw in all the above, I assumed solid materials and not liquid-liquid or gas dissolution.

Register to reply