Create Stunning 3D Graphics with an Evening 3D Graphic Editor

In summary, the individual is looking for graphics editing software that allows for the creation of 3D sketches and viewing them with anaglyph glasses. They prefer a simple software with a feature to set the distance to the cursor. They are asking for recommendations and mention the search term "stereoscopic." They were given a list of 3D modeling software and a suggestion to use VPython, which supports a stereoscopic option. They also mention finding a Delphi software that seems to work for their needs.
Virous
Evening...

I`m looking for some kind of graphics editing software, allowing to draw 3D sketches and view them through anaglyph glasses (blue-red). The main purpose is just to assist my imagination in solving 3D geometry problems, so I prefer it to be as simple as possible. It would be great if there will be a feature to set the distance to the cursor using the mouse wheel or something like that.

Does such a thing exist? At least, something similar? Or should I code it myself?

Deep thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, the list is quite huge, and I know nothing about a single item of it, so the point of this thread is to ask for your advice, which software to choose. I can`t try all of them and see if they give what I need :(

Alright, just found the source code of an anaglyph projecting software, `m going to expand its functionality. Thank you anyway, B0b-a.

Last edited by a moderator:
VPython supports a stereoscopic option.
Look at the last question in this FAQ
http://www.vpython.org/contents/FAQ.html

Someone made this video of a VPython animation
using YouTube's 3D option (click on settings to modify)

(not sure how it was done)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a note from berkeman to my previous post. I didn`t mean to be insulting in any way. Just sincerely thanked the guy :)

Robphy, I`m not familiar with Python at all, unfortunately, but what I found is this thing here: http://4coder.org/delphi-source-code/412/ (on Delphi). And it seems to work!

What is a 3D Graphic Editor?

A 3D Graphic Editor is a software program that allows users to create and manipulate three-dimensional graphics and images. It allows users to view and edit objects from different angles and perspectives, giving them a more realistic and immersive experience.

What are the main features of a 3D Graphic Editor?

The main features of a 3D Graphic Editor include the ability to create and modify 3D objects, apply textures and lighting effects, add animations and special effects, and render high-quality images. It also often includes tools for modeling, sculpting, and texturing.

What are the benefits of using a 3D Graphic Editor?

Using a 3D Graphic Editor allows for more realistic and detailed designs, which can be useful in industries such as animation, architecture, and product design. It also enables users to easily make changes and adjustments to their designs, saving time and resources compared to traditional methods.

What skills are needed to use a 3D Graphic Editor?

To use a 3D Graphic Editor effectively, one should have a good understanding of 3D modeling principles, as well as knowledge of the software's tools and features. Familiarity with design and animation concepts, as well as attention to detail, are also essential skills for using a 3D Graphic Editor.

What are some popular 3D Graphic Editors on the market?

Some popular 3D Graphic Editors include Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, and SketchUp. Each of these programs have their own unique features and strengths, so it's important to research and choose the best one for your specific needs and skill level.