Register to reply

Boundary conditions for temperature distribution

Share this thread:
Wisam
Aug6-14, 05:04 AM
P: 2
Hi there

Can any one tell what is the meaning of boundary conditions for temperature distribution in a flowing viscous fluid in a pipe ?
for example I need some one explane for me this:
T = T1 at r = R, x<0
T = T0 at x = 0, r<R
where T1 is a temperature of well and T0 is a temperature of fluid entering the pipe .
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
New complex oxides could advance memory devices
Nature's designs inspire research into new light-based technologies
UCI team is first to capture motion of single molecule in real time
Chestermiller
Aug6-14, 09:03 AM
Mentor
P: 5,402
Quote Quote by Wisam View Post
Hi there

Can any one tell what is the meaning of boundary conditions for temperature distribution in a flowing viscous fluid in a pipe ?
for example I need some one explane for me this:
T = T1 at r = R, x<0
T = T0 at x = 0, r<R
where T1 is a temperature of well and T0 is a temperature of fluid entering the pipe .
I think you mean: T = T1 at r = R, x>0.

What they're saying is that the tube wall and the fluid temperatures are both T0 for x<0, and that the tube wall temperature suddenly rises discontinuously to T1 at x = 0, and stays at that value for all x > 0.

Chet

Register to reply