Tags: goal, life
Share this thread:
Monique
Oct24-03, 09:35 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
I wish I could see life that glorifull (sp?) doing your own research is not easy, it takes all your time. I have seen people work from early morning till late nights, weekdays, weekends, holidays, newyearseve.. That certainly is not a goal for me. That is also one of the reasons I didn't enter a PhD program yet.
Zantra
Oct24-03, 12:45 PM
P: 869
I feel so insignificant now with my little goal of becoming a doctor. I'm so depressed I'm just going to drive right home in my ferrari, run into my mansion, and console myself by drowning my sorrows in a glass of chateu lafite next to my swimming pool.

hmm.. I guess money can rent happiness.
Mentat
Oct24-03, 12:51 PM
P: 3,715
Originally posted by RageSk8
Be tenured in a major philosophy department.
Getting there should be a walk in the park for you. I had assumed your goal would be to re-write all of known philosophy or something like that.
Mattius_
Oct24-03, 12:57 PM
P: 136
1) Gravity machine.
2) Travel the world.
3) Wife and kids, preferably first born son.
4) Enter political arena, become leader of the world.
5) If light speed is neared, reached, or exceeded, travel to distant planets and stars.
6) Create the perfect philosophy for living.
Rockazella
Oct24-03, 01:33 PM
P: 98
1) Gravity machine.
2) Travel the world.
3) Wife and kids, preferably first born son.
4) Enter political arena, become leader of the world.
5) If light speed is neared, reached, or exceeded, travel to distant planets and stars.
6) Create the perfect philosophy for living.
UNDERACHIEVER!

Ok for me, goals for the near future would be:
-finish getting my pilots license.
-get some kind of physics degree
-travel travel travel.
-not end up getting stuck in the job rut.

Thats all ive got so far. I guess I don't have all the details worked out yet...much of them I'll probably end up improvising as I go along. It should make for a wild ride anyway.

I do know how I want to end the life though....in space! When I'm an old fart and feeling it's about that time, I wana hop on a homemade rocket and go out with a bang. I realise the probability of not making it to space, and instead just liquifying my body on launch are very high, but atleast it can be said I died trying. I'll probably get one of them Darwin Awards for it too
Andy
Oct24-03, 01:35 PM
P: 255
Consume even more amounts of alcohol than i already have! Become a qualified mercedes benz technician, and then move on to be the best MB technician, that is something i definately look forward too. I have also thought about going abroad and working there for a few years.
Monique
Oct24-03, 01:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Hey! I just realized I have already fulfilled one of my goals!

*happy dance*

which was to live a couple of years abroad, thanks for reminding me Andy

and almost one of my other goals, to publish an article in a major journal.. almost there!!! I'll let you guys know when I succeed
Andy
Oct24-03, 02:06 PM
P: 255
Your welcome.
gingersnap_girl
Oct27-03, 01:58 PM
P: 1
My goal in life is to discover my true goal in life!
Robert Zaleski
Oct27-03, 06:51 PM
P: 74
My first goal is to become a whiney, parasitic alcoholic that sucks the life blood out of others. My second goal is to run for President of the France.
Mattius_
Oct27-03, 07:49 PM
P: 136
Mr Zaleski, I hope you are up to the competition...
zoobyshoe
Oct28-03, 04:56 AM
P: 5,641
Originally posted by Robert Zaleski
My first goal is to become a whiney, parasitic alcoholic that sucks the life blood out of others. My second goal is to run for President of the France.
It's funny you should mention this as a life goal because, once, when I was crawling on all fours toward one of the many gutters I used to frequent, a polish aviator of my acquaintance stumbled over me and began ranting, pretty much incoherently, about how then president of France, Charles DeGalle, was personally bent on his complete destruction, in conjunction with a renegade branch of the CIA and several Hell's Angels. I explained to him that he was drunk and that if he was going to proceed in bothering me with this delerious rambling I could actually arrange for Charles DeGalle to be there to effect his complete destruction. I was planning on punching myself in the nose to swell it to DeGallian proportions and frighten him with it but this turned out not to be necessary: he looked whimperingly (?) at me, as if to say "Et tu, Zooby?" and stumbled back toward the airport.
Monique
Oct28-03, 02:25 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
This is like a self-help group

I've got a new goal!!: read someones PhD dissertation booklet (250 pages) tomorrow and finish it while actually understanding it too :P

Please kick my @ss when I procrastinate!
Njorl
Oct28-03, 03:05 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 875
To own a car that both starts consistantly and is big enough so that my head doesn't touch the roof when I drive it.

Njorl

Register to reply