Android music app that DOESN'T show album art?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person's struggle to turn off album art on their lockscreen for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Despite searching on the Playstore, they were only able to find apps that displayed album art on the lockscreen while playing music. The person mentioned that some of the bands they listen to have questionable album art and they do not want others to know their music preferences. They have tried removing the .jpg file from the album folder but it still shows up. Another person suggested using an ID3 tag editor to edit the metadata of the MP3 files. They also mentioned hidden copies of the album art in the folders and suggested making a simple app to delete them. It was also mentioned that some audio files
Hercuflea
Hi, I've been searching for a way to turn off album art on my lockscreen for a Samsung galaxy note 3. Every time I look for something like this on the playstore, it comes up with a bunch of apps for people who WANT their album art displayed on the lockscreen while playing.

Some of the bands I listen to have questionable album art and I generally just don't like people knowing what music I like. But I can't find a way to not display the album art while playing a song. I have tried removing the .jpg file from the album folder but even after deletion, it still shows up usually. It's like there's a copy in a hidden location or something. I've even copied albums onto my phone that have never been there before, making sure not to copy the album cover art with the music, and somehow it still shows up.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I can't help you with finding an app, but I think I know where the album art is "hidden". It's part of the metadata ("tags") in each MP3 file. That's how it works in iTunes, at least. So if you have or can find an app for editing the metadata, you might be able to get rid of the "questionable" album art that way, or replace it with something tamer.

Search for "ID3 tag editor" - specifically, you want one that supports the ID3v2 standard.

Is there any important reason to not give examples? (Really what am I missing here, a rule maybe?)

RocketPlayer doesn't show any pictures if you choose on the lockscreen settings: Default Lockscreen (No Art). At least the version I'm using (2.5.0.32)

The down of this lockscreen is that you cannot swipe to change songs (as of now).

THERE ARE; usually hidden copies of the art in the folders. Make sure you have hidden files visible in your computer when deleting the art. You can always make a very simple app to iteratively remove any pictures found in your music folders in case you have a lot of them.

THERE also EXIST; embeeded art into some audio files. In that case you need what AlephZero mentioned. An example here: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Just select the music folder in the program. Select all songs and right click the picture of the album art. From the menu that appears select Remove Cover. Save.

And you are done.

I can understand your frustration with not being able to turn off album art on your lockscreen while using a music app on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It seems that the issue may lie in the app itself, as you have tried various methods to remove the album art from your device but it still appears.

One possible explanation for this could be that the app is pulling the album art from an online database or cache, rather than from the actual album folder on your device. This could explain why the album art still appears even after removing the .jpg file from the album folder.

In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest reaching out to the app developers and expressing your concerns and frustrations with the inability to turn off album art on your lockscreen. They may be able to provide a solution or update the app to include the option to disable album art.

Additionally, as a scientist, I would recommend exploring other music apps that may offer the option to turn off album art on the lockscreen. It is possible that there may be alternative apps that better suit your needs and preferences.

In conclusion, it is important to continue to search for a solution and potentially try different options until you find one that works for you. I encourage you to continue to seek answers and solutions to any challenges you may encounter.

1. What is the purpose of an Android music app that doesn't show album art?

An Android music app that doesn't show album art is designed for users who prefer a simpler and more streamlined music experience without the distraction of album artwork. It allows users to focus solely on the music itself.

2. How does an Android music app without album art affect the storage space on my device?

An Android music app without album art typically takes up less storage space than one that does show artwork. This is because album art images can take up a significant amount of memory, and without them, the app's file size is reduced.

3. Can I still access album art and other visual features in an Android music app that doesn't display them?

It depends on the specific app, but most Android music apps that don't show album art still allow users to access album art and other visual features by manually selecting or searching for a specific album or artist.

4. Will an Android music app without album art affect the sound quality of my music?

No, an Android music app without album art will not affect the sound quality of your music. The app's purpose is to simply not display album art, and it should not have any impact on the actual audio output.

5. Is there a way to turn off the feature that hides album art in an Android music app?

It depends on the specific app, but some Android music apps may have an option to turn off the feature that hides album art. However, this may vary and not all apps will have this option available.