The types of sensors which receiving Brain SignalsH

In summary, the person is seeking help with designing a research experiment to study the effects of electricity on the brain. They have tried using EEG but were not successful and are now considering MEG. However, they are looking for other sensors that can collect brain signals for their small experiment. They apologize for not being able to provide more information and wish everyone a nice day.
BMEinstein
Hi :)
I'm designing a research and need you guys's help :)
It's an experiment to finding out what happens in our brain when we are stimulated by electricity.

I have to collect the signals from brain, but not using EEG.
(I already failed once...:'( )
I've been thinking about MEG, but it dosen't seems bringing good result 'cause you know, electric/magnetic fields are so mutual..

So could you notice us if there are any other sensors which can collect brain signal??
(It's small experiment so enormous equipment like (f)MRI couldn't be used..)

Thank you a lot. :D Have a nice day :D

Biology news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. What are brain signal sensors?

Brain signal sensors are devices that are used to detect and measure electrical signals produced by the brain. These signals are known as electroencephalograms (EEGs) and can provide valuable insights into brain activity.

2. What types of sensors are used to receive brain signals?

There are several types of sensors used to receive brain signals, including EEG sensors, magnetoencephalography (MEG) sensors, and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) sensors. Each type of sensor measures different aspects of brain activity and can be used for different purposes.

3. How do EEG sensors work?

EEG sensors work by detecting and measuring the electrical signals produced by neurons in the brain. They are typically placed on the scalp and use electrodes to pick up these signals, which are then amplified and recorded for analysis.

4. What is the difference between MEG and EEG sensors?

MEG sensors and EEG sensors both measure brain activity, but they use different methods to do so. MEG sensors detect the magnetic fields produced by brain activity, while EEG sensors detect the electrical signals. MEG sensors are more sensitive and provide more precise spatial information, but are also more expensive.

5. What are some applications of brain signal sensors?

Brain signal sensors have a wide range of applications, including in medical diagnoses, neuroscience research, and brain-computer interface technology. They can be used to diagnose and monitor neurological disorders, study brain function and activity, and even allow individuals to control devices using their brain signals.