Selecting tool in google books

In summary, it seems that the Google Books pages have copying turned off in the page's javascript, making it difficult to copy and paste phrases. The only option may be to capture screenshots and save them as images.
mech-eng
Hi, When I am in the Google Books I cannot find selecting tool as there is pdf files but there is a hand. But with that hand I cannot copy and paste a phrase. Under what setting I can find selecting tool or there is no selecting tool.

Have nice day

Computer science news on Phys.org
mech-eng said:
Hi, When I am in the Google Books I cannot find selecting tool as there is pdf files but there is a hand. But with that hand I cannot copy and paste a phrase. Under what setting I can find selecting tool or there is no selecting tool.

Have nice day
It looks like the book pages are images that have copying turned off in the page's javascript. About the only thing you can do is to capture screenshots and save those as images.

Likes mech-eng

1. How do I select a specific tool in Google Books?

To select a specific tool in Google Books, you can either click on the "Tools" button located on the top right corner of the screen or use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + T". This will open a drop-down menu where you can select the desired tool.

2. Can I customize the tools displayed in the "Tools" menu?

Yes, you can customize the tools displayed in the "Tools" menu by clicking on the "Customize" button at the bottom of the drop-down menu. This will allow you to choose which tools you want to be displayed in the menu.

3. How do I use the "Search Tools" in Google Books?

The "Search Tools" in Google Books allow you to refine your search results by criteria such as publication date, book language, and book type. To use this feature, click on the "Search Tools" button located under the search bar and select your desired criteria.

4. Is there a way to save my selected tools for future use?

Yes, you can save your selected tools for future use by clicking on the "Save" button located at the bottom of the "Tools" menu. This will save your customized tools and they will be displayed whenever you open the "Tools" menu.

5. Can I access the "Selecting tool" feature on my mobile device?

Yes, you can access the "Selecting tool" feature on your mobile device by tapping on the "Tools" icon located on the top right corner of the screen. This will open the drop-down menu where you can select your desired tool.