Indeoendent current source in series with a resistor

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of expressing current in a branch with two unknown voltages and an independent current source in series with a resistor. The suggested solution is to use the formula (V1-V2)/R + I for the specific branch. The conversation also confirms that the current through the current source and anything in series with it is always I.
EEngineeruic
Guys, this seems very trivial yet I can not come to the correct answer and I've searched everywhere.

I am asked to find the node voltages using nodal analysis. The trouble is I don't know how to express a current in a brach between 2 unknown voltages where there is an independent current source in series with a resistor.

I think it should be

(V1-V2)/R +I ; for that specific branch, where I is the independent current source in that branch.

Can somebody verify that? Please

Physics news on Phys.org
EEngineeruic said:
Guys, this seems very trivial yet I can not come to the correct answer and I've searched everywhere.

I am asked to find the node voltages using nodal analysis. The trouble is I don't know how to express a current in a brach between 2 unknown voltages where there is an independent current source in series with a resistor.

I think it should be

(V1-V2)/R +I ; for that specific branch, where I is the independent current source in that branch.

Can somebody verify that? Please

The current through the current source is always I. That's why it's a current source. The current through anything in series with it is also always I.

What is an independent current source?

An independent current source is a type of electrical component that supplies a constant current regardless of the voltage or other components in the circuit. It is often represented by a circle with an arrow pointing in the direction of the current.

How does an independent current source work?

An independent current source works by using internal circuitry to maintain a constant current output, regardless of the voltage or other components in the circuit. This allows for more control and stability in the circuit design.

What is a series circuit?

A series circuit is a type of electrical circuit where all components are connected in a single loop or path. This means that the current is the same at all points in the circuit, but the voltage may vary across different components.

How does an independent current source affect a series circuit?

When an independent current source is added in series with a resistor in a circuit, the current through the resistor will remain constant, regardless of the voltage across the resistor or other components in the circuit. This allows for more precise control of the current flowing through the circuit.

What are some practical applications of independent current sources in series with a resistor?

Independent current sources in series with a resistor are commonly used in electronic devices to provide a stable and constant current to specific components. They are also used in various electronic circuits, such as amplifiers and sensors, to maintain a specific current level and ensure accurate and consistent performance.