Register to reply

Find more information on Myopia (nearsightedness)

Share this thread:
Roxy
Jun10-05, 06:31 PM
P: 52
Does anyone know where I can find more information on Myopia (nearsightedness). I want to know why light rays focus in front of the retina and if this is genetic or not. This has to do with physics because of the light and how it moves. I need more detailed but simple information.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
Danger
Jun10-05, 11:01 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
I have no idea what level of education you are at, and my knowledge of optics is limited. Consider this a space-saver until an expert shows up.
Long or short sightedness is basically an inability of the lens to reshape itself in the proper way. This can be due to poor condition of the focusing muscles, bad neurological input to those muscles, or a defect of some sort in the lens itself.
Lenses are essentially transparent crystalline protein structures. Anything (such as, alas, advancing age) that alters their flexibility will affect the ability to focus properly.
Gamecubesupreme
Jun10-05, 11:23 PM
P: 12
Concave and convex.

KingNothing
Jun11-05, 01:54 AM
P: 949
Find more information on Myopia (nearsightedness)

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/refrn/U14L6e.html

Register to reply