Quantum Biology

by beatsntoons
Tags: biology, quantum
Share this thread:
beatsntoons
Oct28-03, 05:57 AM
P: n/a
Hi all,

I've been reading through these forums for a while now. I don't post, but I just like to watch what discussions are occuring. I will say that the level of intelligence here is intimidating! Though at the same time, it's also challenging because I feel that whatever query I have will be answered with thought and will in turn, prompt me to use my head to understand your answers!

My query is in regards to the field of Quantum Biology. Nothing specific, I am just curious as to what people here think of the subject? The rammifications of quantum theory on molecular biology are quite large. What do you think about it, and where do you think it can take us?

peace.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
Glenn
Oct30-03, 07:32 AM
Have you read "Quantum Evolution" by Johnjoe McFadden?

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/qe/

-Glenn
beatsntoons
Nov3-03, 05:09 PM
That book is precisely the reason I created this thread. I bought and read it a couple of months ago. Fascinating stuff and it didn't require the reader to have a degree in physics or biology to understand the concepts.

beatsntoons
Nov13-03, 08:25 AM
Quantum Biology

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so helpful and for posting their thoughts on the subject!

Cheers, I'm sure I'll be back here soon.

Register to reply