Who is Abigail leaving a surprise for before her trip to Sudan?

• Thread starter whozum
  • Start date
In summary, Gale receives a gift from her friends, whozum and Abby. The gift is a small token of appreciation for her friendship and company.
whozum
Dear Gale,

I hope that this has come to you as a surprise. I've had the pleasure of getting to know you a lot better, and we can both acknowledge we've become good friends. Seeing as to how I am leaving for Sudan at the end of this week, I didn't want to leave you empty handed. As a sign of appreciation for your friendship and company, I wanted to leave you with a little something from me. It may not be much, but I hope that it will suffice to show you that we all care for you and wish the best.

I hope that you can realize that you really are a wonderful girl, and it is not only I who sees it in you, but the rest of the members in this forum as well. I hope you have a great July, I'll miss you, and I'll talk to you soon.

Abigail, with lots of love,
I give you your friends:

Physics news on Phys.org
Gale, you've got yourself quite a friend in whozum! He's gone through quite a bit of effort to put together this little surprise for you; what a sweetie. :!) Of course he needs to make sure you're well-taken care of while he's off traveling and wanted to make sure you know who your friends are around here. :biggrin: (Oh, and we need to thank Greg too for arranging a secret forum to post in until "The Big Reveal.")

Clearly whozum sees in you that big heart that we all see. And, hey, how could we not love our favorite pillow-head! :wink: So, you know that if you're missing him over the next month, you've got lots of other friends who you can come to and we'll do our very best to keep your spirits up until he returns for you. (I'll keep working on convincing him that internet romance is a good thing so one day you can run away to the Sudan with him! :approve:)

Abby you are an intelligent, humble, and as it pertains to most guys - HOT - girl, and with friends like whozum over here you should know that you are an appreciated member of this fine community. I just wish you were a bit less insecure sometimes, because you really have no need to feel lesser desired by others, trust me (wink) :biggrin:

Gale,

It has been a pleasure to get to know you, and I have enjoyed the conversations we have had in the past few months, both through the forums and IM conversations. I remembered your first PF IM, you were offering to help me through some rough times that I was going through, and your consolations helped a great deal. Shedding wisdom from your own personal experience, it helped put perspective on the situation and reminded me that we do have to put a smile on things, even in difficult situations.

I have gotten to know the empathizing side of you that forms the foundation of the fun-loving Gale that everyone sees in the forums. It is among the qualities that I admire.

You have my friendship, and for that I thank you.

See you around on the forums.

Best of luck,
motai

Gale,

I haven't really gotten to have any discussions with you or get to know you; but from what I've heard from whozum and everyone else at PF, you're a great person! I've read ome of you're posts and topics, (including the pillow-head :rolleyes: ) and you seem to be an intelligent and funny person.

regards,
yomamma

I may not know you as well as some of the others here but you seem to me to be a wonderful young woman. If I was your age again I would probably be drooling. :wink: Not that I'm really that much older, but you really seem to be that wonderful.
So really and seriously I think that you are a very attractive young woman. I've tried to help everyone else help you see this and I really hope that it has helped you feel better. At least given you a smile or a laugh.
ALL HAIL ABBY!
ALL HAIL PILLOWHEAD!
Hope I see you around here alot.

{pops out from behind bushes} SURPRISE!
Wasn't this just the coolest idea? You know he must think a great deal of you, hay, wait a minute, we all do!
I also have enjoyed your sense of humor and quick wit :smile:
I wonder of Whozum would bring us each a baby elephant? I was in Africa many years ago and a orphan elephant adopted me. It was the sweetest thing you can imagine.

hi Gale,
Personally I've not got to know you well but I think you must be wonderful.Hope you'll be successful in whatever you do. :smile:
And thanks to Greg because of being so nice. o:)

whozum, clever plan for knowing your rivals better.Somehow I'm a bit in doubt about where you're really going, Sudan or :wink: !

Regards

Hi Gale

So your wonderful, intelligent AND a nice person, i will have to get know
you better, you know if you want a bit of banter or a serious chat, there
is always someone on PF, Oh and what are you disguised as today?
LOVE from me.

*drops from ceiling* SURPRISE PILLOWHEAD!

You know I think you are one cool chickie! I've very much enjoyed reading your posts on PF. You are a very bright, interesting, and witty young woman.

It's just too bad I am 20 years older than you so we couldn't be 17 at the same time. We could have started a helluva rock band or something. Yah! :smile:

Anyway... just wishing you some happiness today and always.

your friend,
MIH

Well, I suppose I'd better jump on the "Galey is Mint" bandwagon!

SURPRISE! :smile:

Here's where I'd say something kind, sweet and lovely, but I don't want to lose my reputation. You know the score anyways!

Oooh it's just like a big leaving card this, isn't it!

Right well I'd best be off before I burst into tears and go round hugging everyone. Mmm.

By the way, you're my 3rd favourite American!

Gale:
You are a very lucky person. You're good-looking and smart and you're getting an early jump on math. Hope all goes well.

2nd post here! I got to say its awesome to screw around with your mind Abby.. so hilarious :biggrin:

[01:29] xsternal: there's something cooking up somewhere for someone
[01:29] xsternal: that's all i can say
[01:29] yallgotsissues: what?
[01:30] yallgotsissues: something cooking for someone?

:rofl:

cronxeh said:
2nd post here! I got to say its awesome to screw around with your mind Abby.. so hilarious :biggrin:

[01:29] xsternal: there's something cooking up somewhere for someone
[01:29] xsternal: that's all i can say
[01:29] yallgotsissues: what?
[01:30] yallgotsissues: something cooking for someone?

:rofl:

Ooh cronxeh, you're mean! Stop pushing buttons! :rofl:

Can I ask what's going on here?

Hey Gale,

Well it should be pretty obvious by now that we all love you and very much appreciate your company and interaction at PF - it's like extended family. o:) :smile:

I was a teenager once, back in the Dark Ages (before the internet), and the times were challenging. With age and experience, it does get better.

*Wrestles brewnog before he get's away* - Not so fast mate!

Hugs for everyone! I grew up in a family that hugged! So I like giving and receiving hugs! :smile:

Also, if you ever need a place to stay - give me a holler. Think of me kind of as an uncle, who nobody talks about because . . . well, er, ummm . . . http://www.rpfuller.com/odp/smileys351/pirate.gif :biggrin:

Take care.

And much thanks to whozum who instigated this and to Greg and staff for their enthusiastic support!

Cheers, all!

Hey Gale,

Well what can I say. Such a personality to talk about and so little room (well so many people have already posted).

You are always nice, no doubt about that. No need to say it really. You were true, honest and just what these forums needed.

Always up-to-date, ready to agrue for the right or for your point to be made but subtle enough not to affend people. A way of talking that is nothing like anyone I know. Helping to other and for all of these reasons you are loved by all and will be missed. I have just looked over a few threads and all show you stating your own opinion, not detered by anyone. Truly salutable.

It was great knowing you and I hope it all goes well for you. Whozum's great suggestion and Greg's help made this thread possible. Dedicated to you and you alone. Enjoy it all.

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Just found this short thread that really looks personally and meaningful.

I thought this pic deserved a 2nd post. Here's looking at you, kid..

http://www.memetika.com/media/gallery/341_409_91_7106F86CC5EC0259C0EA6C55E5FBE12A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We all love you Gale!

There was a young pirate named Gale,
Whose hat in the breeze used to flail,
Full of air it would billow,
For the hat was a pillow,
And it gets used as a veil!

Math Is Hard said:
I thought this pic deserved a 2nd post. Here's looking at you, kid..

http://www.memetika.com/media/gallery/341_409_91_7106F86CC5EC0259C0EA6C55E5FBE12A.jpg
[/URL]

arrr.. me blood boils upon such radiant hotness :rolleyes:

Dear Pillowhead,

You know I love you, that you're my favorite pirate, and that I think you're probably the most sincere and natural and interesting writer at PF. I haven't had occasion to mention, though, that I've always been impressed with your math abilities, you being the head of the calculus club at your high school, and such. So, I thought I'd mention that, too, in this Gale appreciation thread.

It's great having you around here, and I look forward to more of your great, fun posts.

-Zooby

Gale, you have no idea how much trouble whozum went to putting this surprise thread together for you.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? You're funny, smart, pretty, look good in pillows... :tongue2: (and I will be showing up at that house of yours one day) :smile:

Let's all wish whozum a safe trip too!

Last edited:
Agreed...safe trip whozum! Don't worry, you're leaving Gale in good hands. :biggrin: Anyone who tries to mess with her while you're gone, we'll be making walk the plank we will! Yaaaarrrrrrrhhhhh!

Evo said:
Gale, you have no idea how much trouble whozum went to putting this surprise thread together for you.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? You're funny, smart, pretty, look good in pillows... :tongue2: (and I will be showing up at that house of yours one day) :smile:

Let's all wish whozum a safe trip too!

Ditto. You are lucky to have such a dedicated friend. And you are certainly loved around here, :!) , it brings tears to my eyes :cry: :cry: :cry:.

Good luck whozum!

Safe trip Whozum!

Only one thing left to say... :wink:

you know we love you gale

Last edited:
erm... wow...

...whozum... i... gah... umm... wow... i...

holy cow... i er...

ya... I've spent like 20 minutes on this post already... whozum, i love you so dearly. I'm going to miss you so much. i can't believe you... i uh... arg... i can't believe you did this! you're so... i'm... you... god, I'm going to miss you.

i'm really really going to miss you.

and arg... i can't believe you did this! i hate you!

*sigh*

oh, heh, thanks everyone too... i can't believe whozum did this... it wasn't my idea i swear! but thanks... really...

oh god I'm going to miss him!

Ivan Seeking said:
it brings tears to my eyes :cry: :cry: :cry:.

aww Ivans such a soft touch :smile:

Will someone tell me what's going on here?... Is Gale17 (or whoever he/she is) going to leave PF ...or is she going to hack this site?...or what's with whozum , is he/she ...like what..? :grumpy:

BJ

It's hysterical if you read your sig as part of the last line in your post.
Dr.Brain said:
or what's with whozum , is he/she ...like what..? BJ

He must be some real good friend Gale

whozum did this.

We may be a poor substitute, but we can be fun, sometimes.

Oh and this picture is far surperior:

http://www.memetika.com/media/gallery/341_409_91_3005875E761D2201557526C462CFB83C.jpg

Gale17 said:
erm... wow...

...whozum... i... gah... umm... wow... i...

holy cow... i er...

ya... I've spent like 20 minutes on this post already... whozum, i love you so dearly. I'm going to miss you so much. i can't believe you... i uh... arg... i can't believe you did this! you're so... i'm... you... god, I'm going to miss you.

i'm really really going to miss you.

and arg... i can't believe you did this! i hate you!

*sigh*

oh, heh, thanks everyone too... i can't believe whozum did this... it wasn't my idea i swear! but thanks... really...

oh god I'm going to miss him!

Cat got your tongue? :rofl:

I'm glad you liked it.

Smurf said:
Oh and this picture is far surperior:

http://www.memetika.com/media/gallery/341_409_91_3005875E761D2201557526C462CFB83C.jpg
[/URL]

I had a fish on a hook look at me like that once.

Bloody hell! I hate having a screwed-up parietal lobe. Sorry, Whozum... I've been thinking all along that this was Thursday. Part of the problem with not being able to sense time passage, plus being nocturnal, plus this being a holiday weekend for Canuks. I really had planned to be on board before the unveiling.
A toast to Abby in retrospect, then. I'm glad we got things sorted out before this momentous occassion. I doff my pillow to you. And thanks to Greg for setting this up.