Register to reply

Dr. Kaku's biography

by fuji
Tags: biography, kaku
Share this thread:
fuji
Nov5-03, 10:58 PM
P: n/a
Hi, I'm an engineering student at UW Madison. For one of my classes we have to write about a scientist and their accomplishments. I chose Dr. Kaku because he is very interesting to me. While doing my research I found plenty of his work but not much for a biography, I was wondering if there was a place to find a biography for him. Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
Team finds elusive quantum transformations near absolute zero
Scientists control surface tension to manipulate liquid metals (w/ Video)
Dave's Haarp
Nov8-03, 04:37 PM
P: 13
Try reading his books, they usually have a bit of his bio in them.
Page 3 of Hyperspace talks about some of the events that led to his becoming a scientist.
He's a theor. physics professor at City College of the City University of New York and graduated from Harvard and went on to get his Ph.D at U of C Berkeley.
He was 8 in 1955 (Einstein's death year), so it would make him about 56 or 57.
I think he homeschooled his kids or grandkids.

Here's Coast to Coast's version of his bio:
Bio
Michio Kaku, professor of theoretical physics and co-founder of string field theory, is the author of nine books, including the best-selling "Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the 10th Dimension," and most recently, "Visions: How Science Will Revolutionize the 21st Century." His doctorate-level textbooks are required reading at top physics labs worldwide.

Just do a google search. Here's a good link to some bio info:

http://prop1.org/2000/cassini/9707kaku.htm

As for how he thinks and details on his work, you'll just have to read his books and listen to interviews and seminars. Try some libraries, too.

Register to reply