Trouble Using Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter Cladson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reflector
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's recent acquisition of a Meade 2114 ATTS reflector and their struggles with using it. They mention putting it in the home position and using the Autostar feature, but it seemed to point at the wrong places. The other speaker recommends entering location and time into the controller and checking the tube's orientation. They also suggest using a planetarium program and book to help with learning and recommend specific celestial objects to observe.
Cladson
Well i have just recently received a meade 2114 atts reflector. I used it last Night and it seemed a bit complicated. I put it in the home postion and then let the autostar thing search and it either pointed at the ground or in a dark spot in the sky. It may have been the clouds but it seems i can't work this thing. Any advice would be appreciated

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I owned one of those for about two weeks before I decided I wanted much more. It did, however, work very well for me.

First off, did you enter your location into the Autostar controller? The correct time and date? Hopefully, this isn't an insulting question, but you didn't put the tube on backwards, did you (I think I might have when I first assembled mine)?

Edit: also, I'd recommend getting a good planetarium program (Starry Night) and a good book () so you know what you should be trying to look at and to help you learn. To start with, however, your best bets are the moon, Jupiter (southwest right after sunset) and Venus (West, low, right after sunset).

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector?

The Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector is a type of telescope that uses mirrors to collect and focus light, allowing you to view objects in space.

Why am I having trouble using my Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are having trouble using your Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector. Some common issues include incorrect assembly, poor alignment of the mirrors, or problems with the eyepiece. It is important to carefully follow the instructions and troubleshooting guide provided by Meade to ensure proper use.

How do I align the mirrors on my Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector?

The Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector has two mirrors that need to be properly aligned in order to achieve clear and accurate views. To align the mirrors, you will need to use the collimation screws located on the sides of the telescope. Follow the instructions provided by Meade to adjust the mirrors and achieve proper alignment.

What objects can I view with my Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector?

The Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector is capable of viewing a variety of objects in space, including planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulae. The objects you can view will depend on the size and quality of your telescope, as well as the current conditions of the night sky.

Can I use my Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector for astrophotography?

While the Meade 2114 ATTS Reflector can provide high-quality views of celestial objects, it is not well-suited for astrophotography. This telescope does not have tracking capabilities, meaning it would be difficult to capture clear and detailed images of objects in space. For astrophotography, a telescope with tracking capabilities and a motorized mount would be a better option.