Are you drunk?

by Lisa!
Tags: drunk
Share this thread:
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 02:31 AM
PF Gold
P: 973
Sometimes PF'er say things which are too strange and impossible to understand! You know someone asks them something, but the answer to his/her question is realy irrelevant to the question! Well it's obvious that sometimes people try to misunderstand others deliberately in order to have much fun or whatever else, but you can't really put some of the replies to this category. And you can't say it's my fault not to understand them in every case, because it usually happens to others too. Do do you agree it happens not often but sometimes?

Let's forget about what I said before, because I'm going to give another evidence:
Sometimes people say things and talk in a way that only a drunk person could speak like that. Agree?

Now I want to ask whether you're drinking(or are drunk) while visiting PF or not! And do you have any other reasons for why some members' posts don't make sense to anyone?

What do you think of my imagination? Do you think I was drunk when I started this thread because it almost doesn't make sense!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
Pengwuino
Aug28-05, 02:46 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Are you sure your not drunk
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 02:53 AM
PF Gold
What do you think? Does what I said above make sence?

Pengwuino
Aug28-05, 02:54 AM
PF Gold
Are you drunk?

Oh you never make any sense but we all still love you

*pats you on the back*
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 03:06 AM
PF Gold
There are 2 posibilities:
1)I'm alway drunk.
2)You're always drunk.
Pengwuino
Aug28-05, 03:07 AM
PF Gold
There not mutually exclusive :D
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 03:19 AM
PF Gold
Well I think what a drunk says, makes sense to another drunk, am I wrong?
z-component
Aug28-05, 03:21 AM
P: 483
I'd hate to find out that a lot of academic guidance and strong scientific discussion was shared from a bunch of drunken scholars. :)

Although, if that were the case, I think someone would have found out a while ago. *gives Lisa! a breathalyzer*
Pengwuino
Aug28-05, 03:24 AM
PF Gold
That is true z-component.... now could you please remind me.... how do you say a-z backwards? And could you walk this line real quick....
Mk
Aug28-05, 03:57 AM
P: 2,056
Quote Quote by z-component
I'd hate to find out that a lot of academic guidance and strong scientific discussion was shared from a bunch of drunken scholars. :)
I won't mention Winston Churchill and Erwin Schrödinger, which I just did, but yeah sometimes on GD and in the PF Lounge, it is completely unreadable.
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 04:07 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by z-component
Wait a minute. I never find any irrelevent post in serious discussions out of GD. What I'm saying is only about GD and if anyone would ever say things like that about other serious forums, I go to the conclusion that person must be drunk or crazy.
whozum
Aug28-05, 04:32 AM
P: 2,218
hi guys im drunk
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 04:47 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by whozum
hi guys im drunk
I like your honesty. Could you please speak more?
whozum
Aug28-05, 05:07 AM
P: 2,218
hey umm, yeah sure? how are you?
zoobyshoe
Aug28-05, 05:49 AM
P: 5,630
As a matter of fact, once in a while someone who is posting drunk is so drunk they mention how drunk they are. In GD, anyway. It is clear from the quality of there posts in other forums that they are also posting drunk there. This is a waste of everyone's time.

At other times, there have been people here who seemed drunk or on drugs, but who eventually mentioned they had some kind of brain trauma; one was recovering from a stroke, and the other had been in a serious car accident.

Sometimes non-english speaking people post WAY before their English is good enough to express their concepts, and some people seem to have both that problem and some kind of brain trauma, mental illness, or are drunk. It's really had to sort out what the heck is behind some of the more bizarre posts.
Monique
Aug28-05, 06:42 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
I have a hang-over, does that count?
The Smoking Man
Aug28-05, 10:44 AM
P: 1,143
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
As a matter of fact, once in a while someone who is posting drunk is so drunk they mention how drunk they are. In GD, anyway. It is clear from the quality of there posts in other forums that they are also posting drunk there. This is a waste of everyone's time.

At other times, there have been people here who seemed drunk or on drugs, but who eventually mentioned they had some kind of brain trauma; one was recovering from a stroke, and the other had been in a serious car accident.

Sometimes non-english speaking people post WAY before their English is good enough to express their concepts, and some people seem to have both that problem and some kind of brain trauma, mental illness, or are drunk. It's really had to sort out what the heck is behind some of the more bizarre posts.
So what's you're excuse?

Sorry, I just had to do that.
JamesU
Aug28-05, 11:30 AM
PF Gold
P: 745
Iem noht drnk.

Quote Quote by Pengwuino
Are you sure your not drunk
Lisa! I apologize, in pengwuino's drinkeness, he forgot his proper spelling and really meant to say:

Quote Quote by Pengwuino
Are you sure you're not drunk?

Register to reply