What about Florida Atlantic U ?engineering particularly

by BillBLack
Tags: atlantic, engineering, florida
BillBLack
Aug28-05, 10:17 PM
P: n/a
I've been accepted to FIT's Ocean Engineering program, but my wife's employment circumstances may dictate that we relocate to the Miami area rather than Orlando/Melbourne. FAU also has an Ocean Engineering program which is pretty extensive. Can anyone enlighten me on FAU-if not the specific OE program...perhaps the engineering/physics/math departments?
Any assistance would be a great help.
Thanks,
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Cougars' diverse diet helped them survive the Pleistocene mass extinction
Cyber risks can cause disruption on scale of 2008 crisis, study says
Mantis shrimp stronger than airplanes
BillBLack
Aug30-05, 11:54 PM
P: n/a
Does anyone have ANY information about FAU?
exequor
Aug31-05, 05:43 PM
P: 393
Based on their catalog they seem to have quite a few courses... when i was considering it the general impression was that it was a commuter school.

HybridKhronos
Sep1-05, 10:26 PM
P: 1

What about Florida Atlantic U ?engineering particularly

My physics teacher in high school told me that FAU's ocean engineering program was one of the best in the nation and even rivaled MIT's. I assume since FAU is so close to the ocean that it has an advantage for doing ocean engineering. But don't take my high school teacher's word for it, do some research, visit the school, and talk to the profesors. BTW Im an undergrad computer science major at FAU and I consider it a pretty good school, but then again I have nothing to compare it to.

Register to reply