Change BIOS settings in a Toshiba Labptop?

• Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, to change the settings in BIOS for a Tecra A2 laptop, you will need to first identify the motherboard type by doing a Google search. Once you have the motherboard information, you can determine the corresponding BIOS and which button to press to access it. This information can be found on websites such as Dealtime and Toshiba's official website. Additionally, you can refer to the laptop's manual for specific instructions, which in this case suggest pressing the F1 key to access BIOS.
pivoxa15
Anyone know how to change the settings in BIOS for a Tecra A2 laptop?
The first step is to get into BIOS which I don't know how. Do you?

Thanks

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Do a google search for your laptop and see which motherboard it uses. From that information you should be able to figure out which bios it uses and what button you have to press to get in.

I would try F1, F11, F12, DEL

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Toshiba_Tecra_A2_S119

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/selected_product_option.jsp?service=UK&ACTION=PRINT_WITH_BACK&PRODUCT_ID=98305&DISC_MODEL=0

These links tells what the motherboard type my laptop is but how can you figure out which bios it uses and what button you have to press to get in?

Thanks

http://www.its.swin.edu.au/staff_services/procurement/manuals/ToshibaTecraA2.pdf

It is F1

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I access the BIOS settings on my Toshiba laptop?

To access the BIOS settings, restart your laptop and continuously press the F2 key on your keyboard until the BIOS menu appears. Alternatively, you can press and hold the Esc key and then press the power button to turn on your laptop. This will also bring you to the BIOS menu.

2. Can I change the boot order in the BIOS settings?

Yes, you can change the boot order in the BIOS settings. This allows you to prioritize which device your laptop will boot from, such as the hard drive, USB drive, or CD/DVD drive. This can be useful if you need to boot from a different device to troubleshoot or install a new operating system.

3. How do I reset the BIOS settings to default?

To reset the BIOS settings to default, enter the BIOS menu and look for an option to "Load Default Settings" or "Reset to Default". This will restore all settings to their original values. Keep in mind that this will also reset any custom settings you may have configured.

4. Can I update the BIOS on my Toshiba laptop?

Yes, you can update the BIOS on your Toshiba laptop. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and make sure you are using the correct BIOS update for your specific model. Updating the BIOS can improve performance and fix any bugs or security issues.

5. Are there any precautions I should take before changing BIOS settings?

Before changing BIOS settings, it is recommended to back up your current settings in case you need to revert back to them. It is also important to only make changes if you know what you are doing, as incorrect settings can cause problems with your laptop. If you are unsure, it is best to consult the manufacturer's instructions or seek assistance from a professional.