by steppenwolf
Tags: album, radiohead
Share this thread:
steppenwolf
Apr8-03, 02:14 AM
P: n/a
who has heard it?
what do you think?
reckon it's the real thing and radiohead are just pulling a major publicity stunt (with a name like 'hail to the thief' it's quite possible)?

so many questions! what a damn fine cd, even if it is just a bunch of not yet mixed, live recordings (pff, what rubbish!)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
Kerrie
Apr8-03, 10:08 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 1,192
yes! June 10th Hail to the Thief comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a north american tour to follow this summer and fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am way excited...
megashawn
Apr8-03, 04:18 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 506
Hopefully they've gotten all the whining out of there system.

kyleb
Apr8-03, 04:40 PM
P: 115
New radiohead album

i doub't it as there is plenty to whine about and it is a dirty job but some one has to do it. thank you for the heads-up steppenwolf, i am looking forward to hearing it.
kyle_soule
Apr8-03, 06:54 PM
P: 293
Originally posted by steppenwolf
who has heard it?
what do you think?
I have it and I like it very much! I have never heard any other Radiohead CD, so I can't compare it to any other, but it is a good CD.

I was amazed at the variety of music styles they have in just one CD! It was very impressive how they can switch up so much.
steppenwolf
Apr9-03, 04:16 AM
mm, it's a very differnet sound radiohead has explored with this album, not the best introduction to the band, a bit...out there.

i was very proud to hear that our alternative youth radio station here in australia (triple j) are the first station anywhere in the world to play songs from the new album, although radiohead still vehemently deny this is the real thing.

god i wish they'd come to oz!!!
Kerrie
Apr9-03, 10:12 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
i am pretty sure they are planning a tour later this year, but haven't heard if they are coming to aussie or not...

i am not listening to any of the new stuff till it's *officially* released...
Tom Mattson
Apr9-03, 02:33 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,534
Ah yes, Radiohead. I remember them. They used to be a really good rock and roll band, then something dreadful happened...
physicsismylife
Apr9-03, 03:54 PM
Oh I get it a clever joke.
Kerrie
Apr9-03, 04:02 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Originally posted by Tom
Ah yes, Radiohead. I remember them. They used to be a really good rock and roll band, then something dreadful happened...
[?]
Tom Mattson
Apr9-03, 04:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,534
I just don't get those last two albums, especially Amnesiac. Most of it sounds like sonic sludge to me. I think the only song I liked on that one was I Might Be Wrong (the one in which they actually found their guitars).

Maybe it's just me...
kyleb
Apr9-03, 04:48 PM
P: 115
well i think amnesiac is some of their best stuff yet, so i think it is probably just you Tom.
Kerrie
Jun8-03, 10:07 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Are you ready for Radiohead tomorrow????
Zero
Jun9-03, 02:17 AM
P: 1,509
Somehow, i knew we'd see Kerrie in this thread...
Dx
Jun9-03, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Tom
get it free at kazaa.com
PEACE OUT!
Video Killed the radio Star
--radiohead
jb
Jun9-03, 09:17 PM
P: 20
Originally posted by Tom
as colin quinn said, they just got weird.

i got the first "release" back in late march, then parts of the mixed tracks and the b-sides a few weeks ago. it sounds decent, but i like their older stuff better.

i saw them on snl a while back, their singer looked like a combination of schizophrenic and homeless. i wonder if he was going for that look.
Kerrie
Aug29-03, 03:30 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
on my way to see radiohead live this sunday in auburn washington, anyone else see them live on this tour???
steppenwolf
Aug29-03, 10:22 PM
i am green with envy, i'm just...so jealous...

ahhh well, i hope you have fun, i know you'll have fun who am i kidding??? poo! well...i did go see placebo in june so i am not completely deprived

will start petition for them to come to australia *goes to look for papar and pen*

Register to reply