Understanding the Meaning of a Black Line Through a Username

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Line
In summary, the conversation discusses the banning of a user named "RP" from a website called "PF's neverland". It is mentioned that this is not the first time this user has been banned and that their previous username was "bird" instead of "rabbit". The reason for the ban is not explicitly stated, but it is implied that it was due to violating the website's rules. The moderators are also mentioned and it is stated that the user will not be allowed to create any new accounts on the website. The conversation also includes a side discussion about finding interesting posts from this user.
Andy
What does it mean when a persons username comes up with a thick black line through it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Andy said:
What does it mean when a persons username comes up with a thick black line through it?

That person has gone to PF's neverland - he/she/it has been banned.

Zz.

They didn`t have a GOOBF card!

Ha quality i knew that lazy rabbit robin parsons wouldn't last long before he got da boot!

First bans are usually temporary i think, so he may be back.

matthyaouw said:
First bans are usually temporary i think, so he may be back.
It's not his first, he should have laid low. :frown:

It's not? Does that mean its not temporary this time?

matthyaouw said:
It's not? Does that mean its not temporary this time?
Yep, the Lapin is dead. :frown:

I didnt even get much chance to have fun with him. Who kicked him out? was it you mom?

I was dissapointed in his rabbit incarnation. His previous life as a bird was more interesting.

Andy said:
I didnt even get much chance to have fun with him. Who kicked him out? was it you mom?
No, not me.

Hi Evo,

Ahem... *entirely* urelated, I was wondering if there were any LD posts that you personally found interesting?

Not that I am trying to track down why he was banned, mind you. (I realize it must sound like that.) I just am curious which of his threads you thought were intriguing (wink wink.)

Guys, not only is it in poor taste to discuss someone when he can't defend himself, the moderators aren't going to do it.

RP got a permanent ban, that means any other screennames he creates will get a permanent ban as well. The same rules apply for everyone else who gets perma-banned.

Last edited:

What is the significance of a black line through a username?

The black line through a username typically indicates that the account associated with that username has been suspended or banned. It is a visual way for the platform to show that the user is no longer able to use their account.

Why do some usernames have a black line through them?

Usernames may have a black line through them if the account has been reported for violating the platform's terms of service or community guidelines. This could be due to inappropriate content, spamming, or other violations.

Can a black line through a username be removed?

In most cases, a black line through a username cannot be removed by the user. It is up to the platform to decide if the account should be reinstated or if the suspension or ban should remain in place.

Does a black line through a username mean the account is deleted?

No, a black line through a username does not necessarily mean the account has been deleted. It simply indicates that the account has been suspended or banned and the user is no longer able to access it.

Is there a way to prevent a black line from appearing through my username?

To avoid having a black line through your username, make sure to follow the platform's terms of service and community guidelines. If your account is reported for violations, it may result in a suspension or ban and the appearance of a black line through your username.