Register to reply

Where i want to retire

by blimkie
Tags: retire
Share this thread:
blimkie
Oct21-05, 10:44 PM
P: 120
I think we should build an anormous senior citezens retirment centre on the moon. That would be kick ***. I would go there mind you need a few million to live there probably but anyways. It could have a greenhouse for gardening because old people like that and ai swmming pool (maybe depends on gravtiy im not sure). The best part would be the old timers tghat have trouble walking would feel like the Harlem globetrotters with the low gravity. You physcists better get to work on this when im 70 im headed to the moon.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
An interesting glimpse into how future state-of-the-art electronics might work
Tissue regeneration using anti-inflammatory nanomolecules
C2D2 fighting corrosion
matthyaouw
Oct22-05, 08:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,216
Getting out of the bath, climbing stairs etc would be easier, but heating bills would be more of a problem than usual.
tim2148
Oct23-05, 12:42 AM
P: 1
I believe most astronauts that have spent any significant amount of time in orbit, have some bone density loss and other atrophy issues. I imagine, especially for the elderly, that bone breakage might be a concern with an extended stay in a low gravity enviroment.

Townsend
Oct23-05, 01:18 AM
P: 935
Where i want to retire

Quote Quote by tim2148
I believe most astronauts that have spent any significant amount of time in orbit, have some bone density loss and other atrophy issues. I imagine, especially for the elderly, that bone breakage might be a concern with an extended stay in a low gravity enviroment.
Of course there would be much less need for high bone density in a low gravity environment.....

Although I think people would look kind of funny if they eventually just turned into blobs of mush...

Register to reply