by Jeremy
Tags: None
Share this thread:
Jeremy
Oct26-05, 11:02 PM
P: 24
read this little bit

http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/

the scientists involved in this project seem to think that thoughts can have an effect on the quantum level, leading to different formations of ice.

i find it strange that the happy ideas we think of (love and gratitude, mozart) makes a beatiful ~snowflake, while hate leads to that ugly brown thing...just as we would want it to. maybe the formation is actually random, but that is what we were looking for?

furthermore, a layman such as myself might suggest that the shape formed by "heavy metal music" is a result of the water shaking.

i dont really believe this stuff because this is the only source i could find.

jeremy
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
Physics Monkey
Oct26-05, 11:27 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,333
Nonsense. The give away is the phrase "self-published book" which you can read as "not peer reviewed." What we have here, I think, is another example of a so called scientist preying on the confusion that exists amongst non-scientists. Guys like this give the real scientists a bad name.

I guess he could be right , and the moon might be made of cheese (the moon landing was faked after all, so who knows what the moon is made of).
Chipper
Oct27-05, 12:51 AM
P: 4
that website is a few years old but Dr. Emoto is well renowned for his findings in Japan. They have been verified and are real facts.. its really interesting thing to think about. I've been following it since "what the bleep do we know" came out on DVD.

Pengwuino
Oct27-05, 12:53 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
What do you think of this?

Oh man this thread is going to get eaten up...

What the bleep do these people know is more like it.
Jonny_trigonometry
Oct27-05, 02:26 AM
P: 533
thats more rediculous than my Hydrogen atom "theory" which is pretty rediculous!
Hans de Vries
Oct27-05, 03:25 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,135
Quote Quote by Jeremy
http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/

i find it strange that the happy ideas we think of (love and gratitude, mozart) makes a beatiful ~snowflake, while hate leads to that ugly brown thing...

i dont really believe this stuff because this is the only source i could find.
jeremy
Scientifically it is complete rubbish, but that's not the criteria.

The only thing what matters is that it sells. The naive question
is if there is scientific merit. The real question is if it makes a living.

Dr. Masaru Emoto's European and North American tour:

http://www.hado.net/Seminar.html

It seems Dr. Masaru Emoto has a great time traveling around the world in
the limelight with his hoax. Just doing his act as any traveling artist like
circus artists, magicians, traveling theaters, miracle doctors.

Regard, Hans
Gokul43201
Oct27-05, 12:35 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by Chipper
that website is a few years old but Dr. Emoto is well renowned for his findings in Japan. They have been verified and are real facts.
Why is it that I can't find a single peer-reviewed article authored by a "masaru emoto" (or one that cites any work by him) ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Just found out why - this Dr. Emoto doesn't have a PhD - he's not a physicist. He has a certificate from an open university as a "doctor" of alternative medicine.
zoobyshoe
Oct27-05, 01:11 PM
P: 5,630
Quote Quote by Jeremy
the scientists involved in this project seem to think that thoughts can have an effect on the quantum level, leading to different formations of ice.
The word "quantum" has become synonymous with "magic". It can now be used to conjure with.
Pengwuino
Oct27-05, 02:28 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
The word "quantum" has become synonymous with "magic". It can now be used to conjure with.
I always knew witches were physicists....
azalea
Sep6-06, 11:21 PM
P: 1
hey Ive heard that Emoto refuses to do a double blind test, this really makes his work hard to take seriously. Im not a scientist as such and was wondering if there are reasons why people won't do double blinds? Ive got to talk about him soon and defend his work, help!
Gokul43201
Sep7-06, 07:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by azalea
Ive got to talk about him soon and defend his work, help!
So, why do you have to defend his work?
Ivan Seeking
Sep7-06, 11:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Yes, I think we have had enough of this bleeping subject.

Register to reply