Math Is Hard
Nov6-05, 10:20 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,923
ooohweee..I so love this stuff!
Scorned Woman Hot Sauce

I like Tabasco and Red Rooster sauce,too.
What else is good?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
Evo
Nov6-05, 10:29 PM
Mentor
P: 26,477
Frank's Redhot Original

They were the secret ingredient in the original Buffalo Wings. It's yummy! It has garlic in it. I just recently discovered it.

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipe/f...cts_o.jsp?fc=1
Astronuc
Nov6-05, 10:44 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Dave's Insanity,

Total Insanity

and now "ULTIMATE INSANITY SAUCE"

There is also Dave's After Death Hotsauce, but I don't think it's made anymore.

I also have - Mad Dog Inferno Hot Sauce

Math Is Hard
Nov6-05, 10:47 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Brings tears to my eyes - in the good way

Oh, Evo! I gotta have some! A garlic twang right in the middle of that heat would be so amazing!

This reminds me of something we were discussing in biology class. We were talking about taste sensations of sweet, salty, sour, and bitter, and someone in the class said Japanese scientists were working on classifying another taste. Anyone heard of that? I think they were calling it "wasabi" after, well.. wasabi, which is hot-tasting. Do we have specific "hot" taste receptors on the tongue? It seems to me that they all feel the burn when you eat something spicy.
Math Is Hard
Nov6-05, 10:48 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Astronuc, those look great!! Have you tried all three?
Evo
Nov6-05, 10:57 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard
Oh, Evo! I gotta have some! A garlic twang right in the middle of that heat would be so amazing!
Yeah, it's good. Not that I've ever just poured it into a teaspoon and eaten it that way. Oh, no, that would be wrong.

This reminds me of something we were discussing in biology class. We were talking about taste sensations of sweet, salty, sour, and bitter, and someone in the class said Japanese scientists were working on classifying another taste. Anyone heard of that? I think they were calling it "wasabi" after, well.. wasabi, which is hot-tasting. Do we have specific "hot" taste receptors on the tongue? It seems to me that they all feel the burn when you eat something spicy.
Oooh wasabi. That, like horseradish, will clear your sinuses. I haven't heard of the new taste though.
Gokul43201
Nov6-05, 11:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
I remember this little shop (near Fisherman's Wharf) that sold hundreds of different kinds of hot sauce (all with funny or naughty names)...and nothing else, I think. Been there ?
Moonbear
Nov6-05, 11:45 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
I think the whole idea of only having four types of taste receptors in different parts of the tongue is outdated, it just hasn't worked its way out of textbooks yet.

I'm just imagining MIH having a guy over for dinner, serving up some great Texas BBQ, and then setting a bottle of "Scorned Woman" on the table in front of him. I guess you should wait until you know a guy really well before you let him near your hotsauce.

I've got to get some new hotsauces. I don't really like Tabasco because it has too much vinegar for my liking. I like ones that either add heat without much other flavor...just a few drops to give food a good kick rather than to change the flavor...or that have a really nice, rich, non-vinegar flavor.
marcus
Nov6-05, 11:50 PM
Astronomy
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 23,117
The name must be a reference to the proverb that
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

ooohweee..I so love this stuff!
Scorned Woman Hot Sauce
hypatia
Nov7-05, 12:19 AM
P: 1,298
Hold on Hanna a slightly sweet Amish hot sauce mmm mmm good
Attached Thumbnails
hanna.JPG  
Ivan Seeking
Nov7-05, 01:26 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,498
The Hottest Sauces in the World!

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm
Astronuc
Nov7-05, 07:07 AM
Admin
P: 21,827
Astronuc, those look great!! Have you tried all three?
I have used Total Insanity and Mad Dog Inferno many times. They are among the hottest. I don't have Ultimate Insanity yet, but I do have Dave's Gourmet Private Reserve.
http://www.davesgourmet.com/introduction.html

One place where I get various hot sauces - Including Megadeath, Da Bomb, Satan's Blood - and Hot Licks products are pretty good.
http://www.2hotlicks.com/

Hot Licks has a store in Long Beach -
Shoreline Village
419-H Shoreline Village Drive
Long Beach, California

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/

I try to find and collect hottest sauces.
Artman
Nov7-05, 07:46 AM
P: 1,591
Quote Quote by Moonbear
I guess you should wait until you know a guy really well before you let him near your hotsauce.
At least make him buy you dinner first.
Entropy
Nov7-05, 10:22 AM
P: 609
Frank's Redhot Original

They were the secret ingredient in the original Buffalo Wings. It's yummy! It has garlic in it. I just recently discovered it.

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipe/f...cts_o.jsp?fc=1
Oh hellz yeah! Just discovered when I moved into my dorm. Freakin' delicious!
Entropy
Nov7-05, 10:26 AM
P: 609
Some day I'm going to make my own hot sauce. The ingredents will be capsaicin and water, mostly capsaicin.

Wait! Damnit my secret recipe is out!
Math Is Hard
Nov7-05, 11:40 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
It's comforting to know I am not alone in my love of the spicy red stuff!!

Gokul, I have been to Fisherman's Wharf, but unfortunately I missed the hot sauce shop! If only I had known!!!

Moonbear, my momma always told me to never let a man near my hot sauce until the third date!

Thanks for all the great suggestions, y'all!

oh, I almost forgot .... I could eat this stuff straight up from a teaspoon like Evo does - I mean like Evo said you shouldn't

mmm...Sriracha!
Evo
Nov7-05, 11:48 AM
Mentor
Oooh, I'll have to try some. I love hot sauce.

I've been known to bring out my hot sauce on the first date.
DocToxyn
Nov7-05, 12:08 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 432

mmm...Sriracha!
MIH, you beat me to it! They also make a really nice Chile garlic sauce, not as smooth as the sriracha, but great straight up or for adding some heat to other sauces like peanut, hoisin, nuoc cham, etc. Nice company too, they just had a write-up in a recent Saveur.

Tabasco has a chipotle pepper sauce that is pretty good too, if you like a little smoke with your heat. Plus, you can get their sauce in a convenient gallon size.

Register to reply