Register to reply

France does it better!

by Chi Meson
Tags: france
Share this thread:
Entropy
Nov10-05, 01:30 PM
P: 609
French are better at making crappier hotdogs.
Pengwuino
Nov10-05, 02:00 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
The french make hot dogs?

shame....

I dont see what everyones problem is with that crappy air bread everyone sells. Who enjoys a sandwhich based on what kind of bread it was made on? pfffffff
Anttech
Nov10-05, 02:15 PM
P: 1,401
Speaking of hotdogs. Hotdogs are great! I don't mean those crappy cheap hotdogs, I mean real hotdogs, beef dogs like Hebrew National or Nathan's. Thats real American food!
yeh stolen of the Germans...
I think the only real american food, are those "salads" you get in fast food restaurants, especially "Mexican" fast food that are like 5000000000000 Kcal. I had one of those, once.. It consisted of 1 lettus leave, 10 KG of Chilli sauce, some yak meat and a tomato... The Healthy option
loseyourname
Nov10-05, 02:31 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 3,634
Quote Quote by Chi Meson
I personally am a big fan of their Bike Race!!!

They have much much better bicycling champions than we do.
An American won that race the last seven years.

The French write better poetry. Give me Baudelaire or even Chretien de Troy over Whitman and Frost any day.
Chi Meson
Nov10-05, 02:43 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
Has somebody not detected the dry, ironic humor that was the intent of this whole thread?
Anttech
Nov10-05, 02:49 PM
reeeaaaallllyyyyyyyyy.... you mean this thread was..... nnnooooo you must be joking
loseyourname
Nov10-05, 02:51 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Chi Meson
Has somebody not detected the dry, ironic humor that was the intent of this whole thread?
Well, you didn't seem to be joking about the bread.
Anttech
Nov10-05, 02:56 PM
How many people from these countries died on D-Day again? Face it. The allies were getting their asses kicked before Japan was stupid enough to bomb Pearl Harbor. No country in Europe could even compare to the military and industrial strength of the US (with the exception of England's navy).
Blah Blah Blah Blah... And it wasnt "Englands" Navy it is the British navy!! some people.. Is this really so difficult, it seems some peoples grasp on simple geography is almost as bad as their history
Chi Meson
Nov10-05, 03:20 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Quote Quote by loseyourname
Well, you didn't seem to be joking about the bread.
Also not joking about the "better champions" either. Lance has won the TdF twice more than the 5 other great champions, but still ask any French cyclist: Jaques Anquetil, Laurent Fignon, Bernard Hinault, and Belgian Eddie Merckx are all "better champions" than Lance. Lance can only win one kind of race. The other "great champions" could win any race they entered.

I love bread. I think that great bread is available all over this country, but it doesn't matter; if it's French, it's better.

I have no point, really, just a recent realization that it doesn't matter what it is, if it's French, it must be better. And I'm OK with that.
Pengwuino
Nov10-05, 03:32 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Quote Quote by Anttech
yeh stolen of the Germans...
You do realize that America is made of nearly all immigrants so unless the native americans ate a certain food being discussed here, then there is no need to say some food was stolen.... unless of course, you are that hyper-anti-american....
tribdog
Nov10-05, 03:51 PM
P: 693
Quote Quote by loseyourname
An American won that race the last seven years.
The French write better poetry. Give me Baudelaire or even Chretien de Troy over Whitman and Frost any day.
Tribute to France by tribdog

"I hate you, you Amereecain!"
"I would push you out in ze rain."
But then Hitler came knocking
the flip flop was shocking
"Help me! I'm afraid of pain."

In France the cheese is called Bleu.
It's just moldy to me and you.
They accquired a taste
of what I would call waste
It's just too hard to make a batch new.

The plan was to build an array
Towers- past the Champs-Elysees
Mr Eifel built one
then shouted "I'm done"
I guess that is just the French way.
Anttech
Nov10-05, 04:17 PM
You do realize that America is made of nearly all immigrants so unless the native americans ate a certain food being discussed here, then there is no need to say some food was stolen.... unless of course, you are that hyper-anti-american....
Really, thanks for the heads up :-)

No I'm anti-you, not anti-american... It was a joke, but I guess you didnt get it... Could you not see the smile on my face??
loseyourname
Nov10-05, 04:34 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Chi Meson
Also not joking about the "better champions" either. Lance has won the TdF twice more than the 5 other great champions, but still ask any French cyclist: Jaques Anquetil, Laurent Fignon, Bernard Hinault, and Belgian Eddie Merckx are all "better champions" than Lance. Lance can only win one kind of race. The other "great champions" could win any race they entered.
Oh come on! That's like saying Emil Zatopek was a better distance runner than Haile Gebresalassie because Zatopek also won a marathon. Athletic greatness in a single sport isn't measured by versatility. Babe Ruth wasn't a better pitcher than Warren Spahn just because he could also hit.

I love bread. I think that great bread is available all over this country, but it doesn't matter; if it's French, it's better.
Well, I've never had any bread from France, but I've also never had anything better than what my ex-girlfriend's mother used to make (she was using old Calabrian recipes).

I have no point, really, just a recent realization that it doesn't matter what it is, if it's French, it must be better. And I'm OK with that.
Better fashion, better literature, and better art. I suppose French cuisine might be better than American, but that isn't saying much, and I personally don't like either. You'll never get me to betray my neighbor vintners, either.

With regard to the architecture, French buildings might often look nicer, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anything as structurally sound as some of the skyscrapers and bridges in Los Angeles and the Bay Area capable of withstanding 8.0 earthquakes. Same thing with the street layout in Paris - it's more aesthetically pleasing, but the city grid in Manhattan makes a heck of a lot more sense and is much easier to navigate. French for style, but elsewhere for substance. Even in engineering, however, it does seem like America has slipped a bit outside of structural and chemical engineering. Quality products seem to be coming from Japan or Germany or someplace else. What do I know, though?
loseyourname
Nov10-05, 04:38 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Anttech
Really, thanks for the heads up :-)

No I'm anti-you, not anti-american... It was a joke, but I guess you didnt get it... Could you not see the smile on my face??
I'll tell you something both France and the US beat Belgium in: women. Search for "Belgian Women" on google and you get this:

Along with a bunch of photos of that prairie-dog faced Kim Clijsters.
Anttech
Nov10-05, 04:40 PM
hahahaha...
Lucky I only live here... Im sure I recognise that woman on the left.. wait a minute... Its my BROTHER
moose
Nov10-05, 05:22 PM
P: 555
Quote Quote by Chi Meson
Their riot response sure is top grade!!!!!!!!!!!!

What gave you the idea that if it's french, it's better?
Chi Meson
Nov10-05, 05:24 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Quote Quote by moose
Their riot response sure is top grade!!!!!!!!!!!!
What gave you the idea that if it's french, it's better?
Why, the French gave me that idea. They're better thinkers. I used to resist, but now I just accept it.
Andy
Nov10-05, 05:41 PM
P: 255
ha, i knew this would turn into a france versus the US of A thread.

Oh, and we won the battle of britain before the US got involved. And when i say we i am including all of the other nationalities that fought with us to stop the nazi's dominating europe.

Register to reply