Can You Master the Equation (1+n)^n/n to (1+1/n)^n?

• Thread starter sony
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to go from [(1+n)^n]/n to (1+1/n)^n. The process involves substituting values into 'n' and using algebra rules. The conversation also touches on the simplicity of equations such as (a+b)/c = (a/c)+(b/c), which is taught in elementary school. The conversation ends with an apology for the confusion and embarrassment caused by the question.
sony
how to go from: [(1+n)^n]/n to: (1+1/n)^n ?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not true.

Do you mean:

[tex]\lim_{n\to\infty}\left(1+\frac{1}{n}\right)^{n}=\lim_{n\to 0}\left(1+n\right)^{\frac{1}{n}}.[/tex]

http://www.berrys.plus.com/hh3.gif
You can check if you can get to a another equation by substuting values into 'n'.
Regards,
Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that doesn't always work (checking by substituting values). It's easy enough to show using algebra rules anyways.

Its true that it doesn't always work, but it is a quick method of proving something doesn't equate.

BerryBoy said:
http://www.berrys.plus.com/hh3.gif
You can check if you can get to a another equation by substuting values into 'n'.
Regards,
Sam
Sorry, that's what I meant. Can you show me how you get to the right hand expression?

Last edited by a moderator:
you realize you're asking for someone to explain why (1+2)/2 = 1/2 +2/2, or more generally that (a+b)/c = (a/c)+(b/c), which is something you learn in primary/elementary school, right?

matt grime said:
you realize you're asking for someone to explain why (1+2)/2 = 1/2 +2/2, or more generally that (a+b)/c = (a/c)+(b/c), which is something you learn in primary/elementary school, right?

Oh, dear god... I can't believe I could be THAT silly :bugeye:

Of course I see it, my incredible dull brain was confused by the n's, probably.

Anyways, sorry for bothering you with this. That was rather embarrassing...

You just got grimed! Ouch.

1. How do I show the steps of a scientific experiment or process?

To show the steps of a scientific experiment or process, you should first clearly define your research question or hypothesis. Then, outline the materials and methods used to conduct the experiment or process. Next, record and organize your data and observations in a systematic manner. Finally, analyze your data and present your findings in a clear and concise manner, using graphs, tables, and written explanations as needed.

2. Can someone else follow the steps I have taken in my research?

Yes, it is important to make your research transparent and reproducible so that others can follow your steps and replicate your results. This also allows for peer review and validation of your findings. Make sure to provide detailed descriptions of your procedures and use standardized methods when possible.

3. How do I document the steps of my research?

There are various ways to document the steps of your research, such as through lab notebooks, data tables, photographs, and written reports. It is important to choose a method that best suits your research and to keep detailed and organized records throughout the process.

4. Can I show the steps of my research in a visually appealing way?

Yes, there are many tools and software available to help you create visually appealing presentations of your research steps. This can include creating graphs, charts, and diagrams, as well as using multimedia elements such as videos or interactive displays.

5. How can I ensure that my audience understands the steps I have taken?

To ensure that your audience understands the steps of your research, it is important to use clear and concise language, as well as visual aids when appropriate. Additionally, providing opportunities for questions and discussion can help clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.