Hi TSny, thanks for the quick reply.
- the 'd' in the cosd does denote that the argument is in degrees (from matlab, dunno why I included it here)
- the 'i' does mean intersection. apologies.
- I will look into the sign error, hopefully that fixes it.
Hi mfb, thank you for the quick response.
- Oh! Yes my my coordinate system is a right handed one: x positive right, y positive up
- Unfortunately, my final answer is different than the solution.
ANS: Range = 76.5 meters
Range = sqrt( xi^2 + yi^2) = sqrt( 17.126^2 + 12.8449^2) = 21.4 meters...
Water is sprayed at an angle of 90° from the slope at 20m/s. Determine the range R.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT
acceleration: A = 0i +g(-j) + 0k;
velocity: dV/dt = A;
position: dR/dt = V;
Origin set at the point...