Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
Sometimes I spend hours considering my plausibility of living in a tree.

I like the potential benefits.

Physics news on Phys.org
AJKing said:

Just don't end up like Harold.

Tonight I was drawing in a cafe and a Marine trainee from Camp Pendleton came over to look. He said he painted, surreptitiously, in his spare time.

We talked for about 45 minutes and he told me about being in the Marines. He said when he came off the base he was always struck by the incredible luxuries civilians enjoy. He said that when they're in uniform they're not allowed to walk and text, talk on the phone, or be drinking soda or coffee. They have to stand still if they're doing any of those things. They look too casual otherwise.

When he left he started to walk away but then came back and picked up his coffee. "I forgot for a second I'm allowed to take this outside with me."

AJKing said:

Do you mean a treehouse , or just in the tree?

I've thought of living in one of those storage places; they cost around $25 a month. You can then get a gym membership so you can shower, for another $40/month-or-so. Definitely not as cool or nice as living in a tree, but a better alternative if you live in a big city.

zoobyshoe said:
Tonight I was drawing in a cafe and a Marine trainee from Camp Pendleton came over to look. He said he painted, surreptitiously, in his spare time.

We talked for about 45 minutes and he told me about being in the Marines. He said when he came off the base he was always struck by the incredible luxuries civilians enjoy. He said that when they're in uniform they're not allowed to walk and text, talk on the phone, or be drinking soda or coffee. They have to stand still if they're doing any of those things. They look too casual otherwise.

When he left he started to walk away but then came back and picked up his coffee. "I forgot for a second I'm allowed to take this outside with me."

That kind of reminds me of the first 10 years after I left the military.
I had to resist the urge, of coming to a stop, and saluting, the CEO of my company.

I'm over it now.

But, I suppose, I should salute those, who gave me the day off today.

pf.saluting.those.who.gave.me.today.off.jpg

It seems a murder of crows has moved into the ravine. They're nice enough, and they seem to be scaring away the hawks. Last week my Mallard drake had a hard day, first a stray cat tried to grab him and 30 minutes later a hawk swooped down and almost got him.

Tonight I was drawing in a cafe and no one came over and talked to me. What a freakin waste. If I wanted to get some drawing done I would have just stayed home, people.

zoobyshoe said:
Tonight I was drawing in a cafe and no one came over and talked to me. What a freakin waste. If I wanted to get some drawing done I would have just stayed home, people.

It's funny that you say this, because I was about to reply to you to mention that you always seem to meet some interesting people while out drawing at local coffee shops.

I've just found that the best way to combat a conspiracy theorist is to out consiracy them.

Theorist: Standard moon landing thing

Me: You still believe in the moon? What are you, seven?

Theorist: speechless

(Note: this does not reflect my views in any way, I just do this for my own amusement)

AnTiFreeze3 said:
It's funny that you say this, because I was about to reply to you to mention that you always seem to meet some interesting people while out drawing at local coffee shops.
It's something I learned many years ago from an artist in Minneapolis: if you draw in a coffee shop people usually come over and talk to you. Ironically, though, I met him at a bus stop.

ImATrackMan said:
I've just found that the best way to combat a conspiracy theorist is to out consiracy them.

(Note: this does not reflect my views in any way, I just do this for my own amusement)
I'm going to try this. "You still believe there were ever any real twin towers? What are you, seven?"

It shuts them right up.

EDIT: I also just realized I never told you guys my favorite fish...

Fiji Blue Devil (Damselfish)

Better late than never.

ImATrackMan said:
It shuts them right up.

EDIT: I also just realized I never told you guys my favorite fish...

Fiji Blue Devil (Damselfish)

Better late than never.
***WHAM!***

You are now officially initiated.

(face still dripping)

WOO!

Ahahaha, watching "weird or what". The "star child" skull, the dufus said "I gave it to the UFO experts and amazingly they came to the conclusion that it was the skull of an alien, a "grey" to be specific".

Nah, really, people that believe in aliens claimed it to be alien? What are the chances?

ImATrackMan said:

That's nice, I think it's a pretty good method.

A friend of a friend once confronted me with a 9/11 conspiracy theme; the suggestion that some movies show controlled demolitions.

I replied with saying, yes, and those movies were actually shot with the same cameras that were used during the faked moon landings. And the camera guy was actually also the one who shot JFK. And if you pause the movie and zoom in really close on the Twin Towers, you can see the Da Vinci code.

It was not appreciated, but it ended the conspiracy discussion. :smile:

(Note: this does not reflect my views in any way, of course)

Today when I was drawing in a cafe I met Julie. She liked my drawing. I asked if she did artwork, herself. She said she was a teacher, and that was her art. I asked what she taught and she said, "Cuddle parties." I was, like, WTF? But there actually is such a thing:

http://www.cuddleparty.com/

Takes all kinds, I guess.

far out! never heard of such a thing ... learn something new every day

Dave

zoobyshoe said:
Today when I was drawing in a cafe I met Julie. She liked my drawing. I asked if she did artwork, herself. She said she was a teacher, and that was her art. I asked what she taught and she said, "Cuddle parties." I was, like, WTF? But there actually is such a thing:

http://www.cuddleparty.com/

Takes all kinds, I guess.

:eek:

I wonder if that's how the '60s got started.

Evo said:
Ahahaha, watching "weird or what". The "star child" skull, the dufus said "I gave it to the UFO experts and amazingly they came to the conclusion that it was the skull of an alien, a "grey" to be specific".

Nah, really, people that believe in aliens claimed it to be alien? What are the chances?

It's obviously from a hobbitses. That's why it's so precious.

Evo said:

You could give them a Dorito and they'd give you a narrative about it's extraterrestrial origin.

"Terrestrial Doritos have a distinctive distribution of flavor powder over the surface. You'll notice one side always has more than the other and one of the tips of the triangle is always the peak density. Here's an example of seven terrestrial Doritos. Now, this one... this one... you said it was found where? At a crop circle? Yes, that makes sense. The distribution of Dorito dust is all wrong. I can only conclude that this wasn't made in any known Doritos plant on Earth. It just doesn't make sense."

365 dtg

hmmmm...

my laptop recommended the following spellings: dig dog dug

hmmm...

I dig it dog?

Dog, I dug it?

Computers are funny. :smile:

There was a terrific high speed chase tonight outside the cafe where I was drawing. Someone went by going about 90, followed shortly thereafter by a cop car with lights and siren. Within a minute, five more cops cars had joined the hunt. On a surface street. Soon there was also a helicopter.

I was very curious about what the "perp" may have originally done to be trying to elude the police, but I don't have one of those police scanner thingies.

Nostradamus knew I was going to post this.

My French friend Jacques told me he's annoyed, because everytime he overhears words like 'Shock', or 'Shocked' , he thinks someone is calling his name. I'm at a loss for advice; what can I say: "avoid conversations/places where any of those words is likely to come up" ? Does not seem very useful.

I can only guess it was meant to be serious:

Learning a second language probably won't be too useful, unless you get a job where it is useful then it will be extremely useful.

(Career guidance)

Borek said:
I can only guess it was meant to be serious:

(Career guidance)

That statement is absolutely true, unless it isn't.

Bacle2 said:
Nostradamus knew I was going to post this.

I did?*

------------------------
I decided I was Nostradamus in a previous lifetime, when I discovered that I had predicted the outcome of the 2nd Iraq war, 3 days after it started. Of course, I didn't realize this until after everything came to fruition. But like me, in my previous life, things were a bit fuzzy. I'd never heard of this "Barack Obama", so I made Colin Powell the first African-American president.

*hmmmm... Is this an example of hyper-senility?

lisab said:
That statement is absolutely true, unless it isn't.

Your statement is always true.

Why isn't John Bonham's birthday a worldwide holiday? He was the greatest drummer to ever walk the Earth. Cruel world T_T!

WannabeNewton said:
Why isn't John Bonham's birthday a worldwide holiday? He was the greatest drummer to ever walk the Earth. Cruel world T_T!

Yes, John Bonham held Led Zeppelin together. Although much of my guitar playing inspiration comes for Jimmy Page, perhaps none of that would have happened without John Bonham.

--

On a different note, there seems to be a whole bunch of house flies in my house for the last few days. I don't think there's anybody dead in here. I don't think. I've taken out the trash more than usual, just because of the situation. Where are these flies coming from?!

collinsmark said:

On a different note, there seems to be a whole bunch of house flies in my house for the last few days. I don't think there's anybody dead in here. I don't think. I've taken out the trash more than usual, just because of the situation. Where are these flies coming from?!

That's interesting. My brother was complaining about a recent increase in fly population. I hadn't really noticed, so I thought he was just being old and grumpy. But today I noticed an extraordinary number of flies around my house. My brother lives 40 miles away, so I couldn't blame the flies on him.

Ps. I keep my doors and windows closed, unless they are screened, as I'm sure the flies would love my disgusting filthiness.

pps. I have cats. They are outdoor cats. They poop under my back porch. It smells a little bad, and is probably the origin of my flies, but it keeps my sisters away. :smile:

Meanwhile, in India:

Three goats were caught and detained by police in the southern Indian city of Chennai after they allegedly vandalised a new police patrol vehicle, the Times of India has reported.

The trio were held as "scapegoats" for the crime which reportedly involved a dozen of their tribe trampling over the car - the latest example of anti-social behaviour in the Kilpauk district of the city.

Yessss!

http://urc.marssociety.org/home/urc-news/polishteamsdominateurc2013