What forum should I use for help with Boolean Logic?

• Thread starter Goldenwind
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, the conversation discusses a professor who wrote his own textbook on Boolean Logic but it is difficult to understand and lacks proper definitions. The person speaking is seeking advice on where to post about this topic and it is suggested to post in forums related to set theory, logic, probability, and statistics or to contact the mentors in those forums. It is also mentioned that the topic may be related to coursework and should be posted in the homework and coursework forums for calculus and beyond.
Goldenwind
My professor wrote his own textbook, 'cause he wasn't happy with the ones on the market.
Sorry to break his bubble, but he can't write a textbook for crap - it's very hard to understand, and doesn't define many of the symbols or figures he's using.

It's Boolean Logic, a sort of Computer Science / Mathematics hybrid.

When asking for advice on this subject (As I'm going to have to do fairly often), which forum should I post in for it? It's not really pre-Calculus, but it's not part of Calculus either. Other Sciences? Maybe.

I figured it'd be better to ask.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank-you, I'll try that.

If it's related to coursework (which it clearly appears to be), you should use the homework & coursework forums - calculus and beyond.

1. What is the purpose of a forum?

A forum is an online platform where users can discuss and share information on a particular topic. It allows individuals with similar interests to connect, ask questions, and share their knowledge and experiences with others.

2. How do I choose which forum to join?

When choosing a forum, consider the topic, the level of activity and engagement, the community guidelines, and the credibility of the information being shared. It is also important to find a forum that aligns with your values and interests.

3. What are the benefits of participating in a forum?

Participating in a forum can help you gain knowledge and insights on a particular topic, connect with like-minded individuals, and expand your network. It also allows you to contribute to the community and share your own expertise and experiences.

4. How can I make the most out of a forum?

To make the most out of a forum, it is important to read and follow the community guidelines, participate regularly, ask questions, and contribute to discussions. It is also beneficial to interact with other members and build relationships within the community.

5. Can I trust the information shared on a forum?

While forums can be a great source of information, it is important to verify the credibility of the information being shared. Look for sources and evidence to support the information, and be cautious of any biased or misleading information. It is always best to do your own research and fact-checking.