PF PHOTO CONTEST - Are You For Real? (12/1-12/7)

In summary, this photo contest is about fake, made up, or not what they appear to be objects. You are not allowed to edit your photos or use special effects in them. You are allowed to use one photo per member per contest. The contest ends on Sunday and the winner will be announced in a poll.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Are You For Real?

The theme of this week's contest is on objects that are fake, made up, or not what they appear to be.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok I will start with a pic I took at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto at the end of August. The Chinese lantern festival was on for the duration of the fair. This is a chinese junk dragon boat. It is really just a thin wire frame covered in silk and lit from the inside. I found it very beautiful. There were over ten thousand sculptures at the fair. It was magical!

IMG_7463.jpg

Can we use photoshopped images for this one?

I know that almost every method of image editing is not allowed in the contests, but someone had to ask the question. :rolleyes:

Nope!

Zz.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5167/imgp0634gy3.jpg

it looks like I set the wood on fire but..I didn't...can anyone guess why it looks like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
light shining thru a fish tank reflecting on the wood?

The Moon's bleeding, because I harpooned it with a lightning rod!

1559126851_d1e38549e2.jpg

glondor said:
light shining thru a fish tank reflecting on the wood?

nope...it's a bottle by a window but good guess glondor :smile:

Definitely not in the southwest. :)

img6875bl2.jpg

Zz.

http://bikeflat.com/albums/maryland/fightscene5.sized.jpg

Wow, spooky :biggrin:

Someone should take picture of a wax museum.

Just a reminder that you have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

alex caps said:
http://bikeflat.com/albums/maryland/fightscene5.sized.jpg
[/URL]

Was that shot with a pinhole camera?

No, I just left my shutter open for about 30 seconds, had all the lights in the room off, and while holding the flash, took two exposures.

1. What is the PF Photo Contest?

The PF Photo Contest is a photography competition organized by our platform, PF (Photography Forum). It is open to all amateur and professional photographers and aims to showcase the best photographs from our community.

2. How can I participate in the contest?

To participate in the PF Photo Contest, you must be a registered member of PF. Once you have an account, you can submit your photograph to the designated thread for the contest. Make sure to read and follow the contest rules before submitting your entry.

3. What is the theme for this week's contest?

The theme for this week's PF Photo Contest is "Are You For Real?" This theme is open to interpretation, but we encourage photographers to showcase their creativity and unique perspectives in capturing real moments, objects, or people.

4. How are the winners chosen?

The winners of the PF Photo Contest are chosen by a panel of judges who are experienced photographers and members of our community. They will evaluate the entries based on the adherence to the theme, technical skills, and overall impact of the photograph. The decision of the judges is final.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The winner of the PF Photo Contest will receive a cash prize of $100 and a feature on our platform and social media pages. The first and second runners-up will also receive cash prizes of $50 and $25, respectively. Additionally, all winners will receive a badge on their PF profile and recognition as a winning photographer.