Finally, all the Moon Hoaxers can move on, right?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moon
In summary: I believe they were the ones who first got there first.In summary, the moon landing was probably faked by our government.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
lro_apollo11site.jpg

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/07/17/apollo-landing-sites-imaged-by-lro/

Physics news on Phys.org
Pfft. That's so obviously faked. Besides, that smudge can be anything!

:wink:

:rofl: An obvious fake. So is this:

369228main_ap14labeled_540.jpg

Unfortunately, all the Moon hoaxers will not move on. Their responses will undoubtedly be that these images are faked -- and just in time for the 40th anniversary. CNN did an article on this here. They chased down Phil Plait (bad astronomy forum, Discovery.com) who said
"Will the LRO's incredibly high-resolution images of the lunar surface, including, eventually, the Apollo landing sites, finally quell the lunacy of the Moon Hoax believers? Obviously it won't," writes astronomer Phil Plait in his blog on Discover magazine's Web site. "These true believers don't live in an evidence-based world."​

Phil is BAD!

The local news team did a piece on the NASA enhancement, and when it got to the part about what the conspiracy theorists were saying, they both busted out laughing.

Well I guess just for sake of argument. What is the one most important "fact" that the hoax people have? What is keeping them attached to the belief that we didn't land on the moon?

bucher said:
Well I guess just for sake of argument. What is the one most important "fact" that the hoax people have? What is keeping them attached to the belief that we didn't land on the moon?
Uh, the amount of effort NASA and the government put into hiding it? That's proof they're hiding something. :biggrin:

Who knows? They have absolutely nothing to stand on. What makes the truthers, the Westboro Baptist Church, flat earthers, or any other bunch of loose screws carry on the way they do? What drives vandals to throw a rock through a window?

My guess is a big part of it is a sick need for attention.

Pointing to a fuzzy dot! This picture serves nothing, I want high resolution images of the vessel from space.

Isn't there a reflective array left behind? Can't you just use a laser pointer or something to prove it to yourself...?

They don't deny that rocket ships went to the moon, just that astronauts did. In my opinion, they don't even really believe their own nonsense. They just carry an anti-establishment message. Science is the voice of authority, and they can show their defiance by pretending not to believe in the moon landings or in gravity or whatever else.

jimmysnyder said:
They just carry an anti-establishment message. Science is the voice of authority, and they can show their defiance by pretending not to believe in the moon landings or in gravity or whatever else.
Well said. I think this is the answer to bucher's question in post 6.

Yeah. I was thinking that the hoax people had some hard evidence to prove their point. All that I really found out there (on the internet) were misconceptions on camera angles and the astronauts' voices played backwards. Apparently if you play a recording backwards you'll hear messages and there's supposed to be one of Armstrong saying he lied that he went to the moon.

That's really all that I could find so I was just curious if there was anything else that could be debunked or waived off as insane.

bucher said:
Yeah. I was thinking that the hoax people had some hard evidence to prove their point. All that I really found out there (on the internet) were misconceptions on camera angles and the astronauts' voices played backwards. Apparently if you play a recording backwards you'll hear messages and there's supposed to be one of Armstrong saying he lied that he went to the moon.

That's really all that I could find so I was just curious if there was anything else that could be debunked or waived off as insane.
Ahaha, I think that's pretty insane, I hadn't heard that one.

This is not really appropriate for S&D as it does not address potentially unexplained phenomena. Moved to GD.

These folks don't care much for facts, just like all the people who believe in these whacked out things. Like alchemy and homeopathy.

They showed the debunking of the hoax theory on NatGeo earlier today... tore it apart pretty handily.

There will always be moon hoaxers/flat earthers etc. around.

Many people like to think the government is going through so much trouble to hide things from them. It makes them feel important.

The moon landing was a hoax. If our government can't get a letter to san diego within a couple days, there's no way they could have landed on the moon!

I believe FedEx was actually the first ones to the moon.

It's obviously a hoax. Every reasonable person knows that the lunar landing was filmed in a studio on Mars.

Likes Stephanus
NASA recently found some lost footage from the mission which they are supposed to be releasing soon. Richard C Hoagland has already come out saying that they actually intentionally hid the footage until they had adequate technology to undetectably edit out the parts they don't want us to see. So obviously the picture is fake.

tchitt said:
They showed the debunking of the hoax theory on NatGeo earlier today... tore it apart pretty handily.
My favorite part was the idiot with a rubber glove in a vacuum chamber and how hard it is to move his hand. Obviously the suits worn by the astronauts used rubber gloves bought at ACO.

The fireworks in the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics were cg'ed (the footprints), and the music played by Itzhak Perlman, Yo-Yo Ma, & co at Obama's inauguration was off someone's iPod or a cd or something. & those things happened on planet Earth recently. I'd say it possible, even likely, that that Moon-landing footage was done in a studio 40 years ago, for the same reasons that the other things were staged, that is to make sure what got broadcast all over the world was good quality, or for safety, etc. Bush's "mission accomplished" landing & speech was on that aircraft carrier but it wasn't anywhere near Iraq; it was off the coast of New York or something. & that Thanksgiving turkey he served to the soldiers in Iraq wasn't actually served, it was only there for decoration. But it's far-fetched, that 40 years ago, the moon-landing video was done in a studio?

Last edited:
fourier jr said:
I'd say it possible, even likely, that that Moon-landing footage was done in a studio 40 years ago, for the same reasons that the other things were staged, that is to make sure what got broadcast all over the world was good quality, or for safety, etc.
Waitaminnit. Your not a Moon hoaxer, you're hypothesizing that, not only did we go to the Moon, but in addition we also shot the whole thing here in a studio.

That's precious.

DaveC426913 said:
Waitaminnit. Your not a Moon hoaxer, you're hypothesizing that, not only did we go to the Moon, but in addition we also shot the whole thing here in a studio.

That's precious.

I've actually considered that possibility myself. That yes they landed on the moon but they may have staged some footage to be sure that they had something of a good enough quality to capture the attention of the public or perhaps something to show if the video feed was not working.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I've actually considered that possibility myself. That yes they landed on the moon but they may have staged some footage to be sure that they had something of a good enough quality to capture the attention of the public or perhaps something to show if the video feed was not working.

Yes, it's a possibility. (That's why I understand most everything you post on this site... You've got the ability to be objective about most everything.) But the theory that the moon landing tapes were fake has been adequately debunked, in my opinion. I'm curious as to what the most compelling evidence that it was actually faked is to you? PM it to me, if you like... I'm not even sure if we're breaking the rules or not at this point.

i don't feel strongly about it either way & I can't think of anything specific, but given that the other examples are much more recent & have been confirmed as staged in some way I don't think it's crazy that the moon-landing video was shot in a studio. it was 1969 after all.

tchitt said:
Yes, it's a possibility. (That's why I understand most everything you post on this site... You've got the ability to be objective about most everything.) But the theory that the moon landing tapes were fake has been adequately debunked, in my opinion. I'm curious as to what the most compelling evidence that it was actually faked is to you? PM it to me, if you like... I'm not even sure if we're breaking the rules or not at this point.

Oh I've never really thought it was faked or even researched the subject very much. I just considered that idea as a possibility to explain the hoaxers theories. They mostly revolve around supposedly faked footage and a supposed secret sound stage. I find it a handy alternative explanation for these things to show that even if they are true it does not mean the landing didn't happen. And its not terribly far fetched either.

I don't think it would have affected Obama's inauguration in the least but according to Itzhak Perlman, it would have been a "disaster" if, due to the weather, the instruments turned out to be out of tune:
It may be a new dawn of openness in the US but the classical music performance at Barack Obama's inauguration was not what it seemed. Although the audience saw a quartet playing John Williams' Air and Simple Gifts, they actually heard a pre-recorded version of the piece. The musicians were not amplified so the live version would have been inaudible to most onlookers.

The reason? The extreme cold, which meant the instruments could not be guaranteed to be in tune. "It would have been a disaster if we had done it any other way," violinist Itzhak Perlman told the New York Times.

Carole Florman, a spokeswoman for the joint congressional committee on inaugural ceremonies, said: "It would never have occurred to me to announce it. The fact they were forced to perform to tape did not seem relevant."

Cold and heat cause instruments to contract or expand and the low humidity in Washington on Tuesday could have damaged them. British cellist Steven Isserlis said: "You can't play outdoors in temperatures like this," he said. "It's not fair to the instruments. There's also the impossibility of playing with frozen fingers."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/24/obama-inauguration-string-quartet

NASA & the US government propagandists didn't have the same concerns? they knew that the broadcast from the Moon would work perfectly? in 1969? like I say, I don't care much either way but that's where I'm coming from

Last edited:
fourier jr said:
I don't think it would have affected Obama's inauguration in the least but according to Itzhak Perlman, it would have been a "disaster" if, due to the weather, the instruments turned out to be out of tune:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/24/obama-inauguration-string-quartet

NASA & the US government propagandists didn't have the same concerns? they knew that the broadcast from the Moon would work perfectly? in 1969?

I don't understand your point. No, they didn't know it would work perfectly. What's more, the picture quality was terrible because of the many rebroadcasts needed.

fourier jr said:
i don't feel strongly about it either way & I can't think of anything specific, but given that the other examples are much more recent & have been confirmed as staged in some way I don't think it's crazy that the moon-landing video was shot in a studio. it was 1969 after all.
There is a world of difference between an ipod recording of music going along with an event and a faking of the actual event. None of your examples are even remotely the same concept as you are describing. Only if the inauguration itself were faked would it be the same idea. Same for the Olympic opening ceremony - the embellished the broadcast, but the broadcast was still of the opening ceremony.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Oh I've never really thought it was faked or even researched the subject very much. I just considered that idea as a possibility to explain the hoaxers theories. They mostly revolve around supposedly faked footage and a supposed secret sound stage. I find it a handy alternative explanation for these things to show that even if they are true it does not mean the landing didn't happen. And its not terribly far fetched either.

One of the idiots pushing this nonsense puts his hand in a glove, in a vacuum chamber, and then claims that once in a vacuum, the glove is too stiff for a person to manipulate. He then alleges this is evidence that the moonlanding was not possible. Of course he ignores the fact that the same problem would exist for the space shuttle astronauts. So apparently everything since the moon landing was faked as well. :rolleyes:

fourier jr said:
...given that the other examples are much more recent & have been confirmed as staged in some way I don't think it's crazy that the moon-landing video was shot in a studio...
I'm not following the logic. It's sort of retro-active.

Could the same logic not be used to speculate that the Hiroshima and Nagaskai bombings could also have been backed up by publicity footage?

Ivan Seeking said:
I don't understand your point. No, they didn't know it would work perfectly. What's more, the picture quality was terrible because of the many rebroadcasts needed.
Case in point, the blast-off from the moon. The guy in mission control who tried to use the camera to follow the ascent module missed it the first two times due to the time delay.

Also, I think they used a higher quality camera on the later flights.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
One of the idiots pushing this nonsense puts his hand in a glove, in a vacuum chamber, and then claims that once in a vacuum, the glove is too stiff for a person to manipulate. Of course he ignores the fact that the same problem would exist for the space shuttle astronauts. So apparently everything since the moon landing was faked as well. :rolleyes:

You know the reason I found this site was because I was looking for an explination regarding the claim that the radiation in the van allen belt was too much for the astronauts to survive through with the minimal shielding provided by the shuttle. At the time I thought that of all reasons the hoaxers gave it may be the only good one.