Help name 78,216 little black ants, please

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary: Warren- If your skunk ever looks like thishttp://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/Mammals/Striped%20Skunk/SKUNK3.jpg Run! They can spray up to fifteen feet. :biggrin:You're a life saver, Warren! Thanks for the advice.
Thanks for that link - that was helpful. Yup - it sounds like them. They show up everytime the weather gets warm and dry, usually heading for the bathtub first, seeking out water.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
That's me, bright eyed and bushy tailed. :tongue2:
Wow! That WAS you on the lawn the other night! I'd recognize THAT buttho.. er - tail. Yeah, TAIL! - anywhere! :biggrin:(I don't remember saying anything about bright eyes, tho... but, heck... I forget stuff...you know how it is... :biggrin:)

Evo, I LOVE your new avatar and location! :biggrin: :rofl:

Tsunami said:
Evo, I LOVE your new avatar and location! :biggrin: :rofl:
Thanks sis. :biggrin: It kind of reflects the "real" me. :approve:

Ok this PF relationship thing is going too far. I can't keep up. I am sure there is more than I know but I can't remember :surprise:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Evo said:
Thanks sis. :biggrin: It kind of reflects the "real" me. :approve:

"bushy tailed" reflects the real you? :eek:

:biggrin:

The Bob said:
Ok this PF relationship thing is going too far. I can't keep up. I am sure there is more than I know but I can't remember :surprise:

The Bob (2004 ©)

I should make a kinship chart. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I should make a kinship chart. :smile:

Please do.

The Bob (2004 ©)

It's really complicated actually. You see Evo and Tsunami are sisters, and Jimmy P is Evo's son, and Jimmy P is betrothed to Mooberry Marz.. BUT, should Jimmy P and Mooberry Marz ever have a baby, then Tsunami will actually be the GRANDMA of the baby and not the Aunt. So you can see why the whole process is very difficult to work out on paper. Oh, yeah, -- Tribdog is Jimmy P's pet, and I am also a sister of Evo and Tsunami's but not exactly in the same way, since Evo and Tsu are identical twins and have a special psychic bond... make sense?

You might also want to explain the difference between Zooby and Zoobie and Zooby: the first is a zoobie, the second is a cat, and the third is a skunk.

That was probably confusing. Let me clarify: Zooby is a zoobie, but Zoobie is not a zoobie, and neither is Zooby.

Let me clarify: Tsunami and Ivan, at one point, had two pets: Zoobie and Zooby. Now they only have Zoobie. Regardless, neither one of these pets was Zooby.

Think of it this way:

In no case does Zooby equal Zooby.

In one case Zooby equals Zoobie.

In one case Zoobie does not equal Zooby.

zoobyshoe said:
You might also want to explain the difference between Zooby and Zoobie and Zooby: the first is a zoobie, the second is a cat, and the third is a skunk.

Actually, I had no idea! That clears up a few quetions I had.

Well I thank Maths in both threads that I have got this.

Zooby. Shut up. :biggrin: :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
Zooby. Shut up.
Are you speaking to me or to Zooby, or have you misspelt "Zoobie"?

zoobyshoe said:
Are you speaking to me or to Zooby, or have you misspelt "Zoobie"?

What?? :confused:

The Bob (2004 ©)

wasn't the original topic ants? i leave them to their trail and for the most part they stick to it, it's those big ants that just seem to not build coloneys but invade get the wrath, whatever that is lol. the cats might care if they wern't watching the birds and lizards.

If a thread in General Discssion doesn't go off topic at least once, it's not successful. :biggrin:

This was a great thread from GD's Golden Era.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of naming 78,216 little black ants?</h2><p>The purpose of naming these ants is to create a unique identifier for each individual ant, allowing for easier tracking and study of their behaviors and characteristics.</p><h2>2. How were the 78,216 little black ants selected for naming?</h2><p>The ants were most likely selected from a specific colony or group that is being studied by the scientist. The number 78,216 may also be an estimate of the total number of ants in the group.</p><h2>3. Can the ants be given any name or are there specific guidelines to follow?</h2><p>There may be specific guidelines or protocols set by the scientist or research team for naming the ants. These guidelines could include using a certain format or naming convention to ensure consistency and avoid confusion.</p><h2>4. How will the names be used in future research or studies?</h2><p>The names given to the ants will be used to track and identify individual ants in future research or studies. This will allow for more accurate and detailed observations of their behaviors and interactions within the colony.</p><h2>5. Is naming ants a common practice in scientific research?</h2><p>Yes, naming individual ants or other organisms is a common practice in scientific research, especially in the fields of biology and ecology. It allows for more precise and organized data collection and analysis.</p>

1. What is the purpose of naming 78,216 little black ants?

The purpose of naming these ants is to create a unique identifier for each individual ant, allowing for easier tracking and study of their behaviors and characteristics.

2. How were the 78,216 little black ants selected for naming?

The ants were most likely selected from a specific colony or group that is being studied by the scientist. The number 78,216 may also be an estimate of the total number of ants in the group.

3. Can the ants be given any name or are there specific guidelines to follow?

There may be specific guidelines or protocols set by the scientist or research team for naming the ants. These guidelines could include using a certain format or naming convention to ensure consistency and avoid confusion.

4. How will the names be used in future research or studies?

The names given to the ants will be used to track and identify individual ants in future research or studies. This will allow for more accurate and detailed observations of their behaviors and interactions within the colony.

5. Is naming ants a common practice in scientific research?

Yes, naming individual ants or other organisms is a common practice in scientific research, especially in the fields of biology and ecology. It allows for more precise and organized data collection and analysis.