PF Members Awards Vote Now

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the PF Member Awards are currently open for voting until December 5th. Members are encouraged to vote for their fellow members in various categories, such as "PF Funny Man" and "Physics Expert." The winners will receive a special avatar and the opportunity to add a title to their signature line. Write-in candidates are not allowed and voting is limited to once per category. This is an annual event held by the Physics Forums.
PF Member Awards! Vote Now!

Voting ends december 5th! :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Woohoo! I got some of my votes in. I'll wait until some others vote in biology so it's not as obvious when I vote for myself. :rofl: I can't really vote on some since I don't inhabit those forums enough to know who does what there. And some are really tough choices! Don't feel bad anyone if I didn't vote for you, there are a LOT of close seconds in this race!

I've voted for the catergories I'm famalir with and no I didn't vote for myself!

What happens to those who win? Tie? Are write-in candidates allowed? Any elgibility requirements? Any voting requirements? Did I just ask too many questions?

Moonbear said:
Woohoo! I got some of my votes in. I'll wait until some others vote in biology so it's not as obvious when I vote for myself. :rofl: I can't really vote on some since I don't inhabit those forums enough to know who does what there. And some are really tough choices! Don't feel bad anyone if I didn't vote for you, there are a LOT of close seconds in this race!
I just checked moonbear, you are winning 11 to 0. And didn't vote for yourself huh?

Moonbear is the bomb in biology.

tribdog said:
I just checked moonbear, you are winning 11 to 0. And didn't vote for yourself huh?

Shades of Yanukhovich perhaps? :biggrin:

tribdog said:

LOL! That's the advantage of being a biologist on a physics board. :biggrin: That, and trading votes with the people I'm running against in other categories. :wink: Last I checked, nobody thinks I'm funny. :cry: Then again, look who I'm running against there. I never had a chance. :rolleyes:

Chronos said:
Moonbear is the bomb in biology.
moonbear is the bomb period

ah, i didn't get nominated for anything... i suck... oh well I guess I will have to be better. hahaha that's always a good goal, be better.

Also how come mentors aren't up there... for example selfAdjoint deserves much praise for his help.

I am guessing these polls are just for fun then. :cool:

Tom McCurdy said:
Also how come mentors aren't up there... for example selfAdjoint deserves much praise for his help.

Because we know they'd win out all the categories :smile:

Send selfAdjoint a PM, he'll appreciate it.

mattmns said:
I am guessing these polls are just for fun then. :cool:
No these polls decide who gets thrown into the volcano next year to appease the physics gods.

tribdog said:
No these polls decide who gets thrown into the volcano next year to appease the physics gods.

Yep, and the "PF Funny Man" is first. :biggrin:

mattmns said:
What happens to those who win?

Last year, we gave the winners special avatars (e.g., "physics expert 2003")

Tie?

Hasn't really been an issue so far.

Are write-in candidates allowed? Any elgibility requirements?

The mentors/admins make the nominations. No other special requirements. No write-ins, but you might be able to convince one of the admins to add another name.

Any voting requirements?

Vote once per category. You don't have to vote in each category if you don't want to. Have fun.

Did I just ask too many questions?

Well, now you did. :wink:

tribdog said:
moonbear is the bomb period

And tribby dearest, you're just the sh*t. :rofl:

Now, what was that bribe you requested? A home-baked ham?

Phobos said:
Last year, we gave the winners special avatars (e.g., "physics expert 2003")

I sort of like my avatar though. (assuming I win anything) Perhaps a little award thing like the 'homework helper' or 'science expert' award such as a '2004 guru award' might be better... and we can collect those and have like '2004,2005,2007 guru' ?
and then we'll have to explain why we did such a crappy job in 2006... :confused:
woosh!

check said:
I sort of like my avatar though. (assuming I win anything) Perhaps a little award thing like the 'homework helper' or 'science expert' award such as a '2004 guru award' might be better... and we can collect those and have like '2004,2005,2007 guru' ?
and then we'll have to explain why we did such a crappy job in 2006... :confused:
woosh!
Well, as long as you get a NOMINATION in 2006, all is fine, or what?

What title do i get if i don't get nominated?

Student-who-spends-all-his-time-on-physicsforums-bringing-up-and-answering-philosophical-questions-and-doesn't-get-nominated Of 2004?

:tongue2:

dekoi said:

Student-who-spends-all-his-time-on-physicsforums-bringing-up-and-answering-philosophical-questions-and-doesn't-get-nominated Of 2004?

Absolutely. For the small fee of US$25, you can even put it in your signature line. :biggrin:

dekoi said:

Hey, you've only been here since August? You have next year to look forward to. :smile:

I thought we decided no Canadians get to win. dekoi you planning on moving this year?

This member award thing is cool, how many times a year do you do this?

Political Prodigy said:
This member award thing is cool, how many times a year do you do this?

Once a year.

Moonbear said:
And tribby dearest, you're just the sh*t. :rofl:
Does that mean PF is a sh*t-bomb? :biggrin:

It's a pity there's no Homework Helper Award, considering that is one of the important functions of PF. And while that doesn't win you popularity among regular members, it is surely worthy of recognition.

Gokul43201 said:
It's a pity there's no Homework Helper Award, considering that is one of the important functions of PF. And while that doesn't win you popularity among regular members, it is surely worthy of recognition.

Aren't you nominated for enough awards already? Do you need yet another one to compete in? :biggrin:

polls closing in 30min

1. What are the "PF Members Awards"?

The "PF Members Awards" are an annual event hosted by the scientific organization "PF Members" to recognize and celebrate the achievements of its members in various fields of science.

2. How are the winners determined?

The winners are determined through a voting process open to all members of "PF Members". Each member can vote for their top choices in each category, and the winners are determined by the highest number of votes received.

3. Who is eligible to vote?

All members of "PF Members" are eligible to vote in the "PF Members Awards" as long as they are in good standing with the organization and have paid their membership dues.

4. Can I nominate myself or someone else for an award?

Yes, members are allowed to nominate themselves or others for awards. However, all nominations must meet the criteria set by "PF Members" and go through a review process before being included in the voting ballot.

5. When will the winners be announced?

The winners will be announced at the "PF Members Awards" ceremony, which is typically held at the annual conference of "PF Members". The date and location of the ceremony will be announced in advance to all members.