Trying to search the forums for X and Y and Z

• Thread starter PatrickPowers
  • Start date
In summary, the most effective way to search for specific topics in the forums is to use the search bar and you can also use advanced search options. To search for multiple keywords or phrases, you can use the Boolean operators "AND" and "OR". You can also filter your search results by date or user using advanced search options. Additionally, you can search for posts within a specific forum category by using the "Forum" drop-down menu. Lastly, you can search for posts marked as "solved" by using the "Solved" drop-down menu.
PatrickPowers
When I search for "X Y Z" I get all results that have either X or Y or Z.

Is there any way to find only posts that have X and Y and Z?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try using the google search option (click on Search at the top of the page and use the search google section at the bottom) and use "AND" between each option.

1. What is the best way to search for specific topics in the forums?

The most effective way to search for specific topics in the forums is to use the search bar located at the top of the forum page. Simply enter your keywords or phrases and click on the search button. You can also use advanced search options to narrow down your results.

2. How do I search for multiple keywords or phrases in the forums?

To search for multiple keywords or phrases in the forums, you can use the Boolean operators "AND" and "OR" in your search query. For example, if you want to search for posts that contain both "X" and "Y", you can type "X AND Y" in the search bar. If you want to search for posts that contain either "X" or "Y", you can type "X OR Y" in the search bar.

3. Can I filter my search results by date or user?

Yes, you can filter your search results by date or user by using the advanced search options. You can specify a date range to search within and choose to only see posts from a specific user. This can help you find more relevant and recent information on your desired topic.

4. Is there a way to search for posts within a specific forum category?

Yes, there is a way to search for posts within a specific forum category. You can use the "Forum" drop-down menu in the advanced search options to select the specific category you want to search within. This will help you find posts that are more relevant to your search query.

5. How can I search for posts that have been marked as "solved" in the forums?

You can search for posts that have been marked as "solved" in the forums by using the "Solved" drop-down menu in the advanced search options. This will filter your search results to only show posts that have been marked as solved by the original poster or a forum moderator.