PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #1,261
Dimitri Terryn said:
Here's a more recent picture.
This was taken two weeks ago on our yearly prom.
I'm on the left. The guy in the middle is a Civil Engineering major, and also sits on the VUB board. The girl on the right is a Com Science major, and is vice-president of the social council this year.

Nice purple tie there

Where did you get it?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,262
The Bob said:
Yer, and then you run across a break in a run before going up high again. :smile:

Agreed but support from the diaphragm is still needed.

Well being a cornet/trumpet player myself I am not going to say anything but with Jazz you need to forget this problem and play louder. A clarinet will never match a trumpet but in the right range it can be hear and still sound great (unless you have some people that play above Top C :rolleyes:).

The Bob (2004 ©)

I play the flute, and the problem with high notes is different. I *can* play louder and get the high notes quite easily, but it isn't so clear, and does screech by a a bit.

I'm not so clear on my clarinet or Trumpet knowledge, but i think the flute goes higher than both (although not lower) and for really good tones on the high octave (3rd and 4th) you do *not* need power. You need very good ambuchere control, especially for flute.

I've never played in bands or chambres before.. too intimidating i must say :frown:

• #1,263
Dimitri Terryn said:
I'm on the left. The guy in the middle is a Civil Engineering major, and also sits on the VUB board. The girl on the right is a Com Science major, and is vice-president of the social council this year.
Oooh Dimitri. :!)

The girl is very pretty!

• #1,264
Dimitri Terryn said:

The computer science girls in Brussels are indeed much more beautiful then those here in Ghent...Sure, there will be those exceptions that confirm 'the rule'

regards
marlon...

• #1,265
  • #1,266
@Marlon : It should have been more specific. The girl studies COMmunications Science, not computer science. I know quite a few lookers in the comp sci department though. I believe that this year there were two girls that started comp sci, one who was quite beautiful, whilst the other one is not al that feminine if catch my drift...

@Bladibla : Tie Rack. It's Italian silk, but we got a good deal on it because we bought several. Purple is our faculty's colour, and the guys from the Scientific Fraternity decided to all wear the same tie.

@Evo : :blushing:

• #1,267
Dimitri Terryn said:
@Marlon : It should have been more specific. The girl studies COMmunications Science, not computer science.

:rofl:

That explains a lot...

regards
marlon

• #1,268
Being a newbie on the forums, I'll give y'all a glance at me. I should note that I maintain strict observance of the laws of thermodynamics in my office:

http://qonos.princeton.edu/nbond/n1101600_5476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,269
WOW, you are like, really really cute spacetiger! very sexy hair! :!)

• #1,270
SpaceTiger said:
Being a newbie on the forums, I'll give y'all a glance at me. I should note that I maintain strict observance of the laws of thermodynamics in my office:

Oooh, I agree, very cute! :approve:

• #1,271
SpaceTiger said:

Nice image of a research student :biggrin:

Awesome stuff.

• #1,272
marlon said:

That explains a lot...

regards
marlon

Yeah, the thing is, she's actually smart :bugeye:

• #1,273
Dimitri Terryn said:
Yeah, the thing is, she's actually smart :bugeye:

Humm, i DO think some of the more female members of this forum are not going to like our way of speaking here... I just have the feeling,...

regards
marlon

• #1,274
marlon said:
Humm, i DO think some of the more female members of this forum are not going to like our way of speaking here... I just have the feeling,...
Yeah, what kind of a remark was that :bugeye:

He probably was blind-sighted and never actually noticed she was also smart besides pretty :wink:

• #1,275
Ok ..as requested a close up for the old folks with bad eyes

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 873
  • #1,276
marlon said:

regards
marlon

Maybe if we put it in context...

Communications Science is a typical major for people that want to go to university but have no clue what they are going to do, only that "it shouldn't be too hard...". The cliché is, that there are a lot of beautiful girls in that major, and that they aren't all that smart.

The cliché is, I must say, well-deserved. There are A LOT of people studying this, so statistically you have a bigger chance of getting beautiful girls. And most of them are, well, not the brightest crayon on in the box (stop me if I'm screwing up metaphors).
Imagine my surprise then, when I meet a girl from that major, who answers to the cliché of being pretty, but who contrary to the cliché is actually extremely intelligent. I'm sure Marlon was in on the joke.

There, doesn't sound half as bad when you put it in context, does it?
Can I go and play now?

• #1,277
SpaceTiger said:

Ooh, a cutie! And I see you're at Princeton...I might have to send you on errands to ship me some Thomas' Sweets meltaways! :biggrin:

• #1,278
marlon said:

regards
marlon

I think the surprise is that a Communications major could be smart, not that a woman could be smart. Communications is sort of a pseudonym for basket-weaving majors. :biggrin: :tongue2:

• #1,279
here is the latest version of this thing I use as a face !

Attachments

• HappyStudents.jpg
    HappyStudents.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,180
  • #1,280
hypatia, you're so cute! is that a web cam pic? I've been meaning to get a web cam - my parents have been asking me to get one they can look at me when they talk to me online.

• #1,281
Moonbear said:
I think the surprise is that a Communications major could be smart, not that a woman could be smart. Communications is sort of a pseudonym for basket-weaving majors. :biggrin: :tongue2:

Exactly. At least you understand me, Moonbear
:shy:

• #1,282
Ok, I've been here a while, it's time you saw my sexy jib. Donations to the usual address...

Attachments

• Picture(37).jpg
    Picture(37).jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 973
Last edited:
  • #1,283
Moonbear said:
Ooh, a cutie! And I see you're at Princeton...I might have to send you on errands to ship me some Thomas' Sweets meltaways! :biggrin:

Maybe in exchange for some biology lessons!

Uh, don't read into that...

BTW, I love your cat avatar. :biggrin:

• #1,284
Aww ty MIH and yes it is. I bought one for my son too, for the same reason..I miss seeing him.

• #1,285
SpaceTiger said:
Maybe in exchange for some biology lessons!

Ooh, biology lessons AND chocolate! :approve: Done!

Uh, don't read into that...

:frown: Too late. :tongue2:

BTW, I love your cat avatar. :biggrin:

Thanks. :biggrin:

• #1,286
what?!? moonbear's getting chocolates and bio-lessons with spacetiger! how do i get in on the action! MB is my new idol... she scores all the guys. Note to self: be like her. second note: get rid of her so i can have spacetiger... third note: stop posting mental notes where people can see them... :tongue2:

• #1,287
humanino said:
here is the latest version of this thing I use as a face !
:!) :!) :!)

• #1,288
brewnog said:
Ok, I've been here a while, it's time you saw my sexy jib. Donations to the usual address...
Brewnog, you cutie, you've been holding back on us! :tongue2:

• #1,289
Gale17 said:
what?!? moonbear's getting chocolates and bio-lessons with spacetiger! how do i get in on the action! MB is my new idol... she scores all the guys. Note to self: be like her. second note: get rid of her so i can have spacetiger... third note: stop posting mental notes where people can see them... :tongue2:

You know I can read your mind...especially when you type out all your thoughts. :biggrin:

• #1,290
hypatia said:
Ok ..as requested a close up for the old folks with bad eyes
:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: Thank you!:tongue2: :tongue2:

• #1,291
Evo said:
Brewnog, you cutie, you've been holding back on us! :tongue2:

Heh, sorry!

You should see me in colour...

• #1,292
Wow, there's a whole new PF world over here :bugeye: . I guess I should join in on the fun. BTW, I'm the one without the crown.

• #1,293
DocToxyn said:
Wow, there's a whole new PF world over here :bugeye: . I guess I should join in on the fun. BTW, I'm the one without the crown.
Glad you found us! Ooh, another hot guy. :tongue2:

• #1,294
Evo said:
Glad you found us! Ooh, another hot guy. :tongue2:

He is, but he's married. :frown: :rolleyes:

Yep, glad you found us over here DocToxyn! Now who's going to answer all the biology questions if we're both sucked into GD? (For those who are wondering, I've had a lot more time to play on GD since DocToxyn arrived on the scene. :smile:) Maybe we'll have to sort out a shift schedule between us, Monique and iansmith. :tongue2:

• #1,295
Me minus a smile. Smiling and being photographed are not simultaneous events my life.

Attachments

• mug2.gif
    mug2.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 812
Last edited: