PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #1,331
DocToxyn said:
It's a celtic/tribal design of a turtle covering my right pectoral and a trail of footprints and a tail mark going diagonally down to my left hip. I entered it in a reptile tattoo contest a while back so a little "googling" and one can find it. BTW, I always liked the dark, sultry avatar.

:tongue2: *wipes drool from chin* Sorry. :redface:

Didn't take all that much googling (first link I found; of course now we know your real name and identifying marks :wink:)! Nice pecs! :biggrin:
http://www.animalnetwork.com/reptiles/detail.aspx?aid=15206&sts=all&gobtn=&cid=3846

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,332
I found it, too. I think we've got calendar cover material here. Very nice!

• #1,333
Math Is Hard said:
I found it, too. I think we've got calendar cover material here. Very nice!

Forget that, I know who I want to find at the next Neuroscience meeting in New Orleans! :tongue2: :biggrin: I'll give away beads to get an up close and personal view of that turtle! :approve: (Now, where's that macro Artman has for us...ah, here...in a totally platonic way that wouldn't upset his wife at all. :uhh:)

• #1,334
What a great Tatoo! I am a great fan of celtic art work. He should be the center fold, {ya know the one with the staple in his belly} Would that be Mr. June?

• #1,335
Moonbear said:
Didn't take all that much googling (first link I found; of course now we know your real name and identifying marks :wink:)!

Thats alright...I have described my work on this forum before and knowing that and some other facts one could have done a PubMed search and found my papers and thus the real me. Now to find Moonbear... :rolleyes: .

• #1,336
DocToxyn said:
Now to find Moonbear... :rolleyes: .
Shouldn't be too hard; we know she's somewhere under all that hair. :tongue:

• #1,337
DocToxyn said:
Thats alright...I have described my work on this forum before and knowing that and some other facts one could have done a PubMed search and found my papers and thus the real me. Now to find Moonbear... :rolleyes: .

I'll be the one who walks up to your poster at SFN and asks how your turtle's doing. :tongue2:

I'm relatively safe until my department gets around to updating the faculty listings to include my picture and bio. Considering they haven't managed to do it in the 3+ years I've been here, I'm not counting on them getting it done before I move. :rolleyes:

• #1,338
This picture is from last summer, and things really haven't changed much.

I was going to a wedding, so that explains the clothes. Otherwise, it's like Old Navy/Campus Crew.

I hope you like it.

Note: If my posture seems a little off, that is because my feet are partially in my shoes.

Attachments

• Wedding Picture.jpg
    Wedding Picture.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,166
  • #1,339
JasonRox said:
This picture is from last summer, and things really haven't changed much.

I was going to a wedding, so that explains the clothes. Otherwise, it's like Old Navy/Campus Crew.

I hope you like it.

Note: If my posture seems a little off, that is because my feet are partially in my shoes.
Where were all you guys when I was your age? Oh yeh, you're all in Canada!

• #1,340
wow Jason does rock. A very handsom young, damn very young,..{shakes head} man.

• #1,341
Yet another cute guy! :approve:

• #1,342
I'm not the only good looking one here. :wink:

• #1,343
Here is a new marlon picture...The cat's name is Lilli

regards
marlon

Attachments

• nikolilli.jpg
    nikolilli.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 974
  • #1,344
marlon said:
Here is a new marlon picture...The cat's name is Lilli

regards
marlon
The picture is still pending approval. Just what are you doing with that cat anyhow? :wink:

• #1,345
Danger said:
The picture is still pending approval. Just what are you doing with that cat anyhow? :wink:
:rofl: :rofl:

Just wait and see...

You know, everytime i put down a picture of myself, it needs to be approved. I really wonder what the administrators think of me :uhh: ?

marlon

• #1,346
Cute cat & CUTE Marlon! :tongue2:

You're still going to be in the PF calendar, right?

• #1,347
Evo said:
Cute cat & CUTE Marlon! :tongue2:

You're still going to be in the PF calendar, right?

It would be my honour...please, with this picture if possible o:)

marlon

• #1,348
marlon said:

marlon

That is a lovely kitten.. :biggrin:

• #1,349
marlon said:

marlon
Yes, I love this one! :approve:

• #1,350
marlon said:
everytime i put down a picture of myself, it needs to be approved. I really wonder what the administrators think of me :uhh: ?
I'm developing a fairly good idea of the way Evo's mind works. The 'need to be approved' is her way of stalling for time while she prints out multiple copies and distributes them to her friends.:wink:
Lilli, incidentally, is a very beautiful cat. I've seen those colours before, of course, but never in such a pattern. (She's not Borg, is she?) :biggrin:

• #1,351
Bladibla said:
That is a lovely kitten.. :biggrin:

Yeah, she's my 'second' girlfriend o:)

She actually was a gift to me , from my 'first' girlfriend Annouk. I have posted a picture of her and me together, a few months ago.

marlon

• #1,352
marlon said:
She actually was a gift to me , from my 'first' girlfriend Annouk. I have posted a picture of her and me together, a few months ago.
So what page, already? I want to check this out. If Annouk is half as good-looking as the cat, I'll be jealous. :wink:

• #1,353
Danger said:
So what page, already? I want to check this out. If Annouk is half as good-looking as the cat, I'll be jealous. :wink:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1458

If you look very closely, Lilli is also on this picture...
:wink:

marlon

• #1,354
marlon said:
If you look very closely, Lilli is also on this picture...
:wink:
Thanks for the link. I love the hair, and she's very nicely girl-shaped, but I can't really see her face due to observation angle and glasses. No obvious warts or cow-pox or anything, so I'll conclude that she's as hot as the visible bits imply. Might I assume that Lilli is the orange/white micro-tribble contesting ownership of the couch cushion?

• #1,355
You have a very sharp eye, Danger...

regards
marlon

• #1,356
marlon said:
You have a very sharp eye, Danger...
Thank you. I must admit that it took quite some effort to pry my eyes from Girlfriend #1 in order to search for Girlfriend #2.
This has been a gas, but people are plotting against us elsewhere. Catch you in the Silly Threads. :biggrin:
PS: I'm adding you to my buddy list.

edit: I just now looked at your bio. Screw the 'buddy' thing; I'm adding you to my 'hero' list.

Last edited:
  • #1,357
Danger said:
PS: I'm adding you to my buddy list.

Ti ringrazio...

marlon

• #1,358
marlon said:
Ti ringrazio...
I have a few different foreign-language dictionaries kicking around, but I don't even know which one to look in for that. Italian? Something Latin-based, I'm sure. Let's see... grazi-something is thanks, right? Come to think of it, ti is Russian, but the rest doesn't seem to be. Oh well, it looks pleasant. Gotta go to work now.

• #1,359
Wha-da-heck is going on in this thread too? I can't keep track, and how am I supposed to know when there is a new photo of more good-looking young men - huh? :tongue2:

• #1,360
SOS2008 said:
Wha-da-heck is going on in this thread too? I can't keep track, and how am I supposed to know when there is a new photo of more good-looking young men - huh? :tongue2:
I'll have to see if Greg can add a "hot guy photo" alert so we're pm'd whenever there's a new picture. :tongue2:

• #1,361
Evo said:
I'll have to see if Greg can add a "hot guy photo" alert so we're pm'd whenever there's a new picture. :tongue2:

Now that's a feature that would be more than worth the contributor fee by itself! :biggrin:

• #1,362
Danger said:
I have a few different foreign-language dictionaries kicking around, but I don't even know which one to look in for that. Italian? Something Latin-based, I'm sure. Let's see... grazi-something is thanks, right? Come to think of it, ti is Russian, but the rest doesn't seem to be. Oh well, it looks pleasant. Gotta go to work now.

that would be thank you in Italian.

besides, Lilli underwent surgery today, which was completed very successfully :approve: . She will be sleeping for two days now...

regards
marlon

• #1,363
Evo, the girl on the right is extremely beautiful. How old is she ? What does she do ?

marlon

• #1,364
marlon said:
Evo, the girl on the right is extremely beautiful. How old is she ? What does she do ?

marlon
Thanks Marlon. That is the "official" Evo child that I always talk about. She's 17 and she plans on becoming an anesthesiologist.

• #1,365
Evo said:
Thanks Marlon. That is the "official" Evo child that I always talk about. She's 17 and she plans on becoming an anesthesiologist.

She is only 17 (the girl with the 'darker skin on the first picture')? I mean, she looks very mature for her age. The girl on the left looks younger.

Just to be clear, the right side means the right side when looking at the picture. So it would be our right side, not the one of the girls... :redface: Stop me if i am getting to 'physical'.

ps : i have a brother (24) who is becoming a doctor (maybe he'll go into radiology) and who is still free :rofl:

regards
marlon